Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to the Exclusive Methods used for 'problem' PlayStation 3 games and following the PS3 Game Backup Injection with CFW2OFW Helper v3, here's a quick guide spotted by @RLC to install older PS3 LIC.DAT (Generator) titles including Heavy Rain with the PlayStation Move controller working on 4.81 OFW (Official Firmware). :thumbup:

To quote from in1975, roughly translated: [PS3] [OFW4.81] Heavy Rain [BCES00802 / NPEA90076] [RUS]

Heavy Rain
  • Year of manufacture: 2010
  • Language: RUS
  • Language of voice: RUS
  • Subtitles: RUS
  • Code of the disc: NPEA90076
  • Patch Code: BCES00802 v2.00
  • Firmware: 3.40 to 4.81 OFW
  • Working capacity checked: Yes ofw 4.76
Installation on OFW
  • The folder NPEA90076 is placed in the tabr \ game
  • We put the file in the pkg folder in tabr \ pkg
  • In the retailer (TABR) we execute items 1,4,8, S
  • After restoring from backup to PS3, install the patch from the menu.
  • Run the game, change the controller in the basic settings (in the main menu).
:idea: For those using PS3 Data Transfer / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW Methods and looking for PS3 OFW fixed games, the thread to keep an eye on from the Russian site is by akela1979... just click the "Закрыть" ("Close" Spoiler) button to expand the list to access the download links. <3
Installing Heavy Rain Older LIC.DAT Titles on PS3 4.81 OFW Guide.jpg

Comments

Seems that Google Translate worked perfectly.

Here's what it said : Mirror's Edge (NPEB90114 + BLES00322 or NPEB00052). Download the demo (NPEB90114). From it we need only EBOOT.BIN and SPUJOBS.SPRX. It is also easier to take the PSN version of the game (NPEB00052). Unpack, rename the folder to NPEB90114, copy and change the PARAM.SFO (again change the titleID to NPEB90114) and take the EBOOT.BIN and SPUJOBS.SPRX from the demo to put it on the full game.

I've modified it a bit to be more comprehensive.
Thanks for the modification, that cleared things up a bit more.

I'm going to test Mirror's Edge later. I'm setting up the files now and I'm using the disk ver. [BLES00322] instead of the PSN release... do I still need to convert my PS3_GAME foler or leave it as is (same with Beyond Two Souls)?

Persona 5 tutorial please,..
P5 has some issues (misplaced text and random crashing according to another user here) and you'll need to either be at 4.70 or have a second console with CFW, it won't work with this method (or any other that lets you inject backups on 4.81 without needing another console on CFW).

You will also probably need someone with a backup of the japanese game (or download it yourself) to get the TROPDIR from it or else your console will boot it but it won't be able to install the trophies, crashing the game. Right now it's easier to wait to see if a patch for the american/european version is released or if a new method (one that's more compatible with P5) for non-updated games is revealed to the public.

I have tied star ocean 5 and there is a error about insert disk also can u help me to work this game also I used cfw2ofw V6 or latest version

And also those who have cfw2ofw console and they transfer the games to ofw if they take backup to ofw and upload that backup on internet then it will be great

Also i have converted DG game into HG

pardon me, my internet connection is slow so need help with this before i spend time downloading. On akela site

[PS3] [OFW4.81] Heavy Rain [BCES00802 / NPEA90076] [RUS]
  • Language: RUS
  • Language of voice: RUS
  • Subtitles: RUS
The title says [RUS] in the end. In some the language is RUS, language of voice is ENG etc and different combination.

What do these mean? Its only russian; or RUSSIAN is supported and english is anyway there

Hey just download it from here it does include the English language.

Edit : it's the same link :giggle:, so yeah the infos weren't super clear in this post , but yeah this thread's version includes english language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back