Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to the Exclusive Methods used for 'problem' PlayStation 3 games and following the PS3 Game Backup Injection with CFW2OFW Helper v3, here's a quick guide spotted by @RLC to install older PS3 LIC.DAT (Generator) titles including Heavy Rain with the PlayStation Move controller working on 4.81 OFW (Official Firmware). :thumbup:

To quote from in1975, roughly translated: [PS3] [OFW4.81] Heavy Rain [BCES00802 / NPEA90076] [RUS]

Heavy Rain
  • Year of manufacture: 2010
  • Language: RUS
  • Language of voice: RUS
  • Subtitles: RUS
  • Code of the disc: NPEA90076
  • Patch Code: BCES00802 v2.00
  • Firmware: 3.40 to 4.81 OFW
  • Working capacity checked: Yes ofw 4.76
Installation on OFW
  • The folder NPEA90076 is placed in the tabr \ game
  • We put the file in the pkg folder in tabr \ pkg
  • In the retailer (TABR) we execute items 1,4,8, S
  • After restoring from backup to PS3, install the patch from the menu.
  • Run the game, change the controller in the basic settings (in the main menu).
:idea: For those using PS3 Data Transfer / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW Methods and looking for PS3 OFW fixed games, the thread to keep an eye on from the Russian site is by akela1979... just click the "Закрыть" ("Close" Spoiler) button to expand the list to access the download links. <3
Installing Heavy Rain Older LIC.DAT Titles on PS3 4.81 OFW Guide.jpg

Comments

Hey just download it from here it does include the English language.

Edit : it's the same link :giggle:, so yeah the infos weren't super clear in this post , but yeah this thread's version includes english language.

I downloaded cod mw3 which said RUS RUS everywhere. Its RUSSIAN. I guess if it has english it will be mentioned.

Yes the link you sent for heavy rain is rus/eng so i guess thats alright

Hello Playstation hacker community of the Internet,

I specifically registered to this forum to see the codes at http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/heavy-rain-ps3-debug-menu-discovered-122663.html but turns out I still can't see them.

Anyway I thought I'd ask if anyone has had any luck enabling the debug menu on Heavy Rain, and how you achieved that. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's this thing:

I'm new to PS3 hacking in general, but I managed to install Rebug custom firmware and also managed to transfer some files around with FTP. Still not quite sure what files to edit and how, to achieve the debug menu. Also not sure if I should use the version of the game that came on the disc, or the updated version.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers to the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back