Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to the Exclusive Methods used for 'problem' PlayStation 3 games and following the PS3 Game Backup Injection with CFW2OFW Helper v3, here's a quick guide spotted by @RLC to install older PS3 LIC.DAT (Generator) titles including Heavy Rain with the PlayStation Move controller working on 4.81 OFW (Official Firmware). :thumbup:

To quote from in1975, roughly translated: [PS3] [OFW4.81] Heavy Rain [BCES00802 / NPEA90076] [RUS]

Heavy Rain
  • Year of manufacture: 2010
  • Language: RUS
  • Language of voice: RUS
  • Subtitles: RUS
  • Code of the disc: NPEA90076
  • Patch Code: BCES00802 v2.00
  • Firmware: 3.40 to 4.81 OFW
  • Working capacity checked: Yes ofw 4.76
Installation on OFW
  • The folder NPEA90076 is placed in the tabr \ game
  • We put the file in the pkg folder in tabr \ pkg
  • In the retailer (TABR) we execute items 1,4,8, S
  • After restoring from backup to PS3, install the patch from the menu.
  • Run the game, change the controller in the basic settings (in the main menu).
:idea: For those using PS3 Data Transfer / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW Methods and looking for PS3 OFW fixed games, the thread to keep an eye on from the Russian site is by akela1979... just click the "Закрыть" ("Close" Spoiler) button to expand the list to access the download links. <3
Installing Heavy Rain Older LIC.DAT Titles on PS3 4.81 OFW Guide.jpg

Comments

So this is for 4.81 OFW. Is it needed to go DTU from a CFW or we can put in the OFW backup directly ?

+ I think they are only in the Russian language. Can someone confirm they are MultiLingual ? The "Ride" game interest me.

I have a working converted Heavy Rain on my 4.81 OFW... What's this about the controller not working? I haven't gone and played the game past the intro but am I missing something?

EDIT: I see now... this is the PS Move edition of the game where I assume the "move" controllers won't work on the converted games. This does not affect the regular DS3 version of the game I guess.

The forum post is interesting too since there's something there to fix Mirror's Edge... Will try it later.

Закрыть means close, ask me if u can't translate
Can you translate this properly?:

Метод, как заставить игры работать, довольно прост. У игры должен быть официальный патч (а как ещё мы её запустим с внутреннего диска?). Распаковывается патч, содержимое USRDIR, кроме EBOOT.BIN и обновленных файлов (если они есть), берется с дисковой версии. PARAM.SFO (от диска) редактируется. Меняем Category с DG на HG и App Version на версию патча.
  1. Mirror's Edge (NPEB90114 + BLES00322 или NPEB00052). Качаем демку (NPEB90114). Из неё нам нужно только EBOOT.BIN и SPUJOBS.SPRX. Также проще брать псн версию игры (NPEB00052). Распаковываем, переименовываем папку в NPEB90114, правим PARAM.SFO (опять же меняем на NPEB90114) и кидаем с заменой EBOOT.BIN и SPUJOBS.SPRX из демки.

Seems that Google Translate worked perfectly.
Can you translate this properly?:

Метод, как заставить игры работать, довольно прост. У игры должен быть официальный патч (а как ещё мы её запустим с внутреннего диска?). Распаковывается патч, содержимое USRDIR, кроме EBOOT.BIN и обновленных файлов (если они есть), берется с дисковой версии. PARAM.SFO (от диска) редактируется. Меняем Category с DG на HG и App Version на версию патча.
  1. Mirror's Edge (NPEB90114 + BLES00322 или NPEB00052). Качаем демку (NPEB90114). Из неё нам нужно только EBOOT.BIN и SPUJOBS.SPRX. Также проще брать псн версию игры (NPEB00052). Распаковываем, переименовываем папку в NPEB90114, правим PARAM.SFO (опять же меняем на NPEB90114) и кидаем с заменой EBOOT.BIN и SPUJOBS.SPRX из демки.

Here's what it said : Mirror's Edge (NPEB90114 + BLES00322 or NPEB00052). Download the demo (NPEB90114). From it we need only EBOOT.BIN and SPUJOBS.SPRX. It is also easier to take the PSN version of the game (NPEB00052). Unpack, rename the folder to NPEB90114, copy and change the PARAM.SFO (again change the titleID to NPEB90114) and take the EBOOT.BIN and SPUJOBS.SPRX from the demo to put it on the full game.

I've modified it a bit to be more comprehensive.

I'm trying to inject Ride, will keep you informed. I'm sure this trick works for more games, and in fact, CFW2OFW Helper does a LIC.DAT file. coincidence ? i think NOT !

HR has no problem at all, just convert normally, let it install data, install update and done, no control problems.

Just in time, im starting to test ME, thanks.

Please HAX extend the edit mode to 15mins at least, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back