Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 11, 2019 at 3:01 PM       18,362       54            
Following his recent Gentoo PS4 and Ubuntu PS4 Beta Builds, today @cedsaill4 shared on Twitter a PS505_normal.bin 5.05 Loader Payload by @mircohoooo (aka Mircoho on Twitter) for installing Linux on the internal PS4 hard disk drive (HDD) alongside a demonstration video from IT Mania below! 🐧

Download: LinuxLoader505internalhdd.zip (9.63 MB - PS4 5.05 Internal Linux Loader) / PS4 Playground 5.05 Linux

From the video's description, roughly translated:

:alert: ATTENTION: Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk! :alert:

Works on FAT models and maybe Slim! (according to KiiWii on 10xx/11xx models only)

You can install either PSXITArch Linux v2 or another distribution (for example: Fedora 29 or Gentoo).

Installation order:
  • Create the boot folder and get / user / system / boot.
  • Copy initramfs and bzimage from the attached archive into this folder.
  • Create the linux folder and get user / system / linux and copy the Linux distribution image that you like.
  • Rename it to linux.tar.xz
  • Load the console and enter the command:
    Code:
    install-hdd.sh
  • After installation, enter:
    Code:
    start-psxitarch.sh
  • I had to reboot .. Done!
Thanks to Mircoho for this method.

PS4 : Linux loading from internal HDD via LegeekX3
Install Linux on Internal HDD PS4 - Installing Linux on the internal PlayStation 4 drive. via IT Mania
Installing Linux on Internal PS4 Hard Drive (HDD) 5.05 Loader Payload.jpg

Comments

lotus78

Contributor
Verified
so now I need your help guys. i'm not able to delet the linux folder. I had create two linux folders for two linux distris (switch the distri with renaming the folder), and now I want to delete this folders. Has anybody a hint how to do this?

And no - I have done no backup from my ps4 hd, because I was to lazy... thx

OK - I had a "flash of genius" ;) - start psxita from usb - mount ps4 hd (its a feature of psxita) - then you have all rights and you can delet the linux folder - this works fine - so I dont have to reinstall the whole system!

in gentoo there is only one file that I was not able to delete - but that is not a big problem... the file is - var/tmp/.keep
lotus78

tusk99

Contributor
Verified
I havent done it yet but I was going to fill hdd with games to fill space until I have a reasonable amount of space left install linux to hdd
Remove the games I don't want leaving some space

catch

Contributor
Its work perfectly on m'y fat model ... I play Zelda wind waker and its play perfectly ... I run steam and its run perfrctly too ... I'm gonna try Wii game ... Big big thanks

yousef07dz

Contributor
hi can any one help me i want to install linux on my ps4 slim v 5.05 model: 2116a but it always shutdown when i go to playground i try many times and nothing

i have hard drive external usb 2.0 500G
so: can any one please thnx ♥

lotus78

Contributor
Verified
@yousef07dz
only models 10xx and 11xx are supported - at the moment no slim or pro

other point - see the post above:
to delete the last file - var/tmp/.keep
in psxita change to user root and then you can delete the file.
# su root
(pw = changeit)

Recent Articles
Samurai Shodown Joins New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Thirteen beloved fighters return alongside three new ones to do battle in the legendary stage of Samurai Shodown on PS4 next week, featuring updated graphics, gameplay and a revolutionary new...
Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Skeletal Models & Textures Tool by ID-Daemon
We've seen PS4 Game Texture Converters, a PS4 Game Model Data & Textures Extraction Guide, a PS4 Game Animations to Havok Files Converter and a PS4 Meshes / Textures Preview GUI with the latest...
Latest PlayStation Store Flash Sale Offers PSN Deals Under $10
It's been awhile since the last PS Store Flash Sale, and today Sony announced their latest PSN Flash Sale features deals under $10 with savings of up to 75% on select PlayStation Store titles...
Sony Introduces New Summer Additions to PlayStation Hits Lineup
Since their update last fall, today Sony announced the new summer 2019 additions to their PlayStation Hits videogame lineup. 🎇🧨🎆 Featured titles include Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, God...