Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his recent Gentoo PS4 and Ubuntu PS4 Beta Builds, today @cedsaill4 shared on Twitter a PS505_normal.bin 5.05 Loader Payload by @mircohoooo (aka Mircoho on Twitter) for installing Linux on the internal PS4 hard disk drive (HDD) alongside a demonstration video from IT Mania below! šŸ§

Download: LinuxLoader505internalhdd.zip (9.63 MB - PS4 5.05 Internal Linux Loader) / PS4 Playground 5.05 Linux / LinuxLoader505internalhdd.zip (Mirror)

From the video's description, roughly translated:

:alert: ATTENTION: Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk! :alert:

Works on FAT models and maybe Slim! (according to KiiWii on 10xx/11xx models only)

You can install either PSXITArch Linux v2 or another distribution (for example: Fedora 29 or Gentoo).

Installation order:
  • Create the boot folder and get / user / system / boot.
  • Copy initramfs and bzimage from the attached archive into this folder.
  • Create the linux folder and get user / system / linux and copy the Linux distribution image that you like.
  • Rename it to linux.tar.xz
  • Load the console and enter the command:
    Code:
    install-hdd.sh
  • After installation, enter:
    Code:
    start-psxitarch.sh
  • I had to reboot .. Done!
Thanks to Mircoho for this method.

PS4 : Linux loading from internal HDD via LegeekX3
Install Linux on Internal HDD PS4 - Installing Linux on the internal PlayStation 4 drive. via IT Mania
Installing Linux on Internal PS4 Hard Drive (HDD) 5.05 Loader Payload.jpg

Comments

so now I need your help guys. i'm not able to delet the linux folder. I had create two linux folders for two linux distris (switch the distri with renaming the folder), and now I want to delete this folders. Has anybody a hint how to do this?

And no - I have done no backup from my ps4 hd, because I was to lazy... thx

OK - I had a "flash of genius" ;) - start psxita from usb - mount ps4 hd (its a feature of psxita) - then you have all rights and you can delet the linux folder - this works fine - so I dont have to reinstall the whole system!

in gentoo there is only one file that I was not able to delete - but that is not a big problem... the file is - var/tmp/.keep
lotus78

I havent done it yet but I was going to fill hdd with games to fill space until I have a reasonable amount of space left install linux to hdd
Remove the games I don't want leaving some space

Its work perfectly on m'y fat model ... I play Zelda wind waker and its play perfectly ... I run steam and its run perfrctly too ... I'm gonna try Wii game ... Big big thanks

hi can any one help me i want to install linux on my ps4 slim v 5.05 model: 2116a but it always shutdown when i go to playground i try many times and nothing

i have hard drive external usb 2.0 500G
so: can any one please thnx ā™„

@yousef07dz
only models 10xx and 11xx are supported - at the moment no slim or pro

other point - see the post above:
to delete the last file - var/tmp/.keep
in psxita change to user root and then you can delete the file.
# su root
(pw = changeit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back