Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his recent Gentoo PS4 and Ubuntu PS4 Beta Builds, today @cedsaill4 shared on Twitter a PS505_normal.bin 5.05 Loader Payload by @mircohoooo (aka Mircoho on Twitter) for installing Linux on the internal PS4 hard disk drive (HDD) alongside a demonstration video from IT Mania below! šŸ§

Download: LinuxLoader505internalhdd.zip (9.63 MB - PS4 5.05 Internal Linux Loader) / PS4 Playground 5.05 Linux / LinuxLoader505internalhdd.zip (Mirror)

From the video's description, roughly translated:

:alert: ATTENTION: Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk! :alert:

Works on FAT models and maybe Slim! (according to KiiWii on 10xx/11xx models only)

You can install either PSXITArch Linux v2 or another distribution (for example: Fedora 29 or Gentoo).

Installation order:
  • Create the boot folder and get / user / system / boot.
  • Copy initramfs and bzimage from the attached archive into this folder.
  • Create the linux folder and get user / system / linux and copy the Linux distribution image that you like.
  • Rename it to linux.tar.xz
  • Load the console and enter the command:
    Code:
    install-hdd.sh
  • After installation, enter:
    Code:
    start-psxitarch.sh
  • I had to reboot .. Done!
Thanks to Mircoho for this method.

PS4 : Linux loading from internal HDD via LegeekX3
Install Linux on Internal HDD PS4 - Installing Linux on the internal PlayStation 4 drive. via IT Mania
Installing Linux on Internal PS4 Hard Drive (HDD) 5.05 Loader Payload.jpg

Comments

For those using the PS4 Playground 5.05 Linux exploits.

I had troubles with booting back into Linux after installing succesfully to my HDD. the Linux Loader only gave me out of memory exceptions and the Install Linux on Internal HDD gave my kernel panic's.

But if I run it like this I seem to boot every time on first try:
1) Clean browser cashe and cookies
2) Run Linux Loader, get a out of memory exception, close the tab
3) Run Install Linux on Internal HDD
4) ...
5) Done :)

My model number: CUH-1004A

Install-hdd.sh command.... Not found.. Alright lol šŸ¤£

working now on hdd internal cool :) what is the best ? i make psxitarch v4 , but gentoo are best ?

Maybe i found the problem during the Linux installation. When you create the folders boot and linux with the Explorer tool shown in the video it adds a space at the end of the name.

Create folder ->Ok
Rename boot when you do this the PS4 adds a space at the end likes this boot_ (the underscore represents space).

So when you rename the folders pay attention so that there is no space after the folders name boot and linux. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back