Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter oOFranzOo       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.

oOFranzOo

Contributor
Hey Guys,

I'm asking myself, why we dont update all to play online without problems. Because my Idea: After a Jailbreak for 3.50 found, we could format the HDD and install the 3.50 Firmware. Or am I wrong?

Sorry for that bad Englisch. It's difficult for an German one who isn't in school anymore xD

It isn't that easy to downgrade PlayStation Firmware unfortunately.. for example on PS3 it can be done by flashing the console's NAND/NOR chips with a hardware flasher, but not as simple as formatting the hard drive and reinstalling older Firmware.

For PS4 it's worse, there were some rumors a week or two back of a method to downgrade PlayStation 4 Firmware but so far nothing has materialized on them so most likely fake... and there is no hardware flasher for PS4 to downgrade it that way either so currently once you update the PS4's Firmware you are stuck on it (unless you sell/swap the PS4 itself for another :D)

As of right now many rumors around a 4.01 exploits have been out but you shouldn't have to or want to downgrade there isn't a JB out yet? (If it ever does cone out) if anything just stay on the firmware you are currently on because the d3vs tend to work on old firmwares rather than new ones

OK So the NOR, APU and SYSCON are all linked.

Now obviously when the firmware is updated the NOR data changes and I assume the data on the syscon is modified aswell, Correct? But what about the APU is there any data storage on it that is modified when updated?

we have here, actually my ps4 was 5.50 but the repair shop here in our country replace apu something like that to downgrade my ps4 kind of (hardware downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back