Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter em71532       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

em71532

Contributor
Verified
So my PS4 touchpad doesn't work. And I was wondering if it's possible to remap the right touchpad button to the actual options button. In the actual button remap you can't remap it.

But is there a way to remap it via homebrew or something? Since my touchpad doesn't work I can't start the PS1 games. And for those PS2 that require you to press start, I can't start those either.

I went to GitHub and downloaded said plugin. The problem is it's not working. Or at least I can't get it to work. Here's how I have everything set up.

The plugin is here
Code:
/data/GoldHEN/plugins/gamepad_helper.prx
The plugins.ini file looks like this.
Code:
; Note: lines starting with semicolon are for comments.
; Load plugins for any title.

[default]
/data/GoldHEN/plugins/gamepad_helper.prx

; Load plugins only for Playroom.

[CUSA00001]
/data/GoldHEN/plugins/afr.prx
/data/GoldHEN/plugins/no_share_watermark.prx
The plugins.ini file is here
Code:
/data/GoldHEN
The gamepad.ini file looks like this.
Code:
; Load gamepad config for any title

[default]
enableDeadZone=1
DeadZoneLeft=13
DeadZoneRight=13

enableCustomTouchPad=1
TOUCH_L2=BUTTON_L3
TOUCH_R2=BUTTON_TOUCH_PAD

enableCustomButton=1
BUTTON_OPTIONS=TOUCH_R1

; Load gamepad config for Playroom

[CUSA00001]
enableCustomButton=1
BUTTON_L3=BUTTON_CROSS

VirationIntensity=medium
The gamepad.ini file is here
Code:
/data/GoldHEN/
So once all of that was done. I went to my PS4 opened the goldhen settings and enabled plugins. Started a PS1 game pressed the options button and nothing happened. I then opened The Simpsons Road Rage which requires you to press the start button before you can get into the menus and start the game. Once again I pressed the options button and nothing happened. So I went back to GitHub to see if I did something wrong. What I put was this
Code:
BUTTON_OPTIONS=TOUCH_R1
I thought touch_R1 was the right-side touch button. But since it wasn't working. Touch_R1 must be the actual touchpad and not the right-side button. So I then changed it to this
Code:
BUTTON_OPTIONS=BUTTON_TOUCH_PAD
I saved it and readded the gamepad.ini file. Renabled the plugin setting. Once again started a PS1 game pressed the options button and nothing happened. I then opened The Simpsons Road Rage and tried again and nothing happened.

So based on everything listed here. Can someone help me and let me know what I'm doing wrong? I'm pretty sure I have the gamepad_helper.prx, gamepad.ini, and plugins.ini all in the right places on the PS4 hard drive. So I assume the .ini files aren't correct?

Again if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please help me.

You need the following lines in the /data/GoldHEN/gamepad.ini file:
Code:
[default]
enableCustomTouchPad=1
TOUCH_R1=BUTTON_OPTIONS
TOUCH_R2=BUTTON_OPTIONS
So if you press the right side of the touchpad, it translates to pressing the OPTIONS button.

Ok but that's not what I want. My touchpad doesn't work so I want the opposite. Where when I press the options button it translates to pressing the right side of the touchpad.

In this case, I think the plugin will not work for you. It currently only supports simple touchpad presses, so no left or right side presses. If you think so, you can open a new issue on GitHub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back