Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Dhartry24       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhartry24

Contributor
okay so i am trying to jailbreak my ps4 on the 3.55 software. ive watched almost every video on how to do it and i cant figure something out. every time i would download the jailbreak to my computer, i know its supposed to be a .pup file but it never is, its always a 7zip or zip file and i dont know how to keep it a .pup file because everytime i plug in the usb after putting that zip or 7zip file in the ps4 folder it never works. please help me :)

Umm you cannot Jailbreak a ps4 on 3.55 you never could. only for PS3's on that firmware! But only on that firmware.. A PS3 can only be jailbroken on 3.55 but i think some people are as usual the scam scene is taking advantage of the rest of the (noob) world by saying you can jailbreak on 3.55 on PS4 the ydo this for every firmware. even the only truly hack-able firmware so far for PS4: 1.76

EDIT: it's also not done through a .PUP file. it's done through a web browser based exploit. link HERE But that won' t work on 3.55 only on 1.76 for PS4 @misiozol can tell you more and @PSXHAX too.

Although your FW can not be jailbroken however just to clarify your query, when you say you get 7zip or zip file, you will have to extract the contents to get the desired file.

Although your FW can not be jailbroken however just to clarify your query, when you say you get 7zip or zip file, you will have to extract the contents to get the desired file.
the preconfigured linux distro would have been released properly... had things not been rushed.

theres already a number of things that could of have been done on 1.76 properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back