Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter steve86RaR       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve86RaR

Contributor
HI all, first of all thanks for taking the time to look at the thread.

right i wont lie, im very new to the jailbreaking world! but after changing jobs ive found myself having more time at home. so i thought why not have some fun on the old ps3!

so im trying to jailbreak it for some fun, but keep coming across an error code (8002f957) its happening at around 77% of the firmware upload!

like i said im new to all this, but im not shy to learn. any help would be great, not sure if im missing something or doing something wrong.

thanks a bunch

Oh and its a cechl03 old school fat one

It sounds like you're trying to install custom firmware (CFW) on a retail PS3 console with official firmware (OFW) version 4.81 likely explaining the error.

If this is the case, it's because you'll need to downgrade it first.. probably with a hardware flasher depending on the model.

There is a chart of them HERE, look it over and feel free to ask any questions after that. ;)

It sounds like you're trying to install custom firmware (CFW) on a retail PS3 console with official firmware (OFW) version 4.81 likely explaining the error.

If this is the case, it's because you'll need to downgrade it first.. probably with a hardware flasher depending on the model.

There is a chart of them HERE, look it over and feel free to ask any questions after that. ;)

right so gone through those steps, i can downgrade to 2.45 but my model doesnt have flash, so therefore i cannot do it can i?

Feel like I have been summoned here :D , So here it goes. You need hardware flasher to read flash > patch flash in PC > write flash back >
ac7b9da69fe12d3a7667dd3498698c65.png
install any CFW (y)

I'm facing same issue. My model is CECHC03 and its OFW is 4.81!
Is there a way that I can play backup games without jailbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back