SND0.AT3 Guide and BMK AT9 & AT3 Converter, today @CougarDomin let us know in the Shoutbox that the cross-platform PlayStation 1 (PSX / PSOne) Audio / Video Converter known as jPSXdec by m35 has been updated recently!
Download: jpsxdec_v0-99-7_rev3397.zip / GIT
To quote from the README.md: jPSXdec
jPSXdec is a modern, cross-platform PlayStation 1 audio/video converter. Also supports extracting files and TIM images. Requires Java version 5 or higher.
Some advantages of jPSXdec over legacy tools of the past:
jPSXdec is free for non-commercial use.
- Generates higher quality output
- Handles more unique movie types
- Converts with the correct colors (most legacy tools did this incorrectly)
- More accurate frame rate detection
- Cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Source code available
- Usable from the command-line (for those so inclined)
For developers and modders
jPSXdec offers the ability to replace XA audio, video, and TIM images. Some programming skill is required (see manual for details).
Additionally the PlayStation 1 STR video format is now well documented. View the latest version PlayStation1_STR_format.txt.
jPSXdec contains some modules of interest.
Great care has been put into the 100k lines of code.
- A pure Java real-time audio/video player
- A pure Java API writer
- MPEG1* I-frame encoder
- Almost lossless translation of MPEG1* I-frames into JPEG images
- JXTreeTable back-ported to Java 1.5
* PlayStation 1 video frames are nearly identical to MPEG1 I-frames.
- Consistent code style
- Easy to use API (makes common things easy and hard things possible)
- Modularized so sub-packages could be incorporated into other applications
- Great example that Java programs can be as lean 'n' mean as any other language