Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter redijedi808       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

redijedi808

Contributor
I just got the discontinued Lego Batman bundle from Amazon that had 1.70. I updated it through safe mode to 1.76.

I want to start the exploit but and afraid of the auto download/update. I did uncheck the boxes to stop them but have been taking my time with connecting to my network.

I currently run a Netgear R700 with DD-WRT to utilize my VPN for my whole network. I followed all the tutorials to block the certain update servers but my current router configuration seems to not allow the "Access Restrictions" to go through. Its an old router with an older version of DD-WRT...only combo that worked for my specific hardware configuration.

I came across CCProxy and installed/configured it but still hesitant to connect my PS4 to my network.

I did setup my own server that houses the PS4-playground on Xampp.

So, what are my best options on running the web exploit safely without having my PS4 download the updates. I know they wont update but I heard the Update Nag can be very annoying.

I would ideally like to connect my PS4 to my second Ethernet port(my motherboard has dual) and not have to ever go online with the PS4 and connect to my local PS4-Playground. But it seems that my PS4 needs to have a true internet connection to utilize the User Guide method to bounce through to get a search box.

Ive been reaching like crazy but can't seem to find anything solid. I do have this weekend to devote all my time... I just don't want to accidentally update after scoring a low firmware.

if u have a laptop with wifi. then connect ps4 to laptop with ethernet and enable sharing then block the ps addresses by adding to your host file I tried the xamp own server thing but couldnt sort some errors out perhaps someone could do a video how to install it on a pc all from scratch would be handy

Awww, thank you...I think I ran into that option during my research but slipped my mind to try. I shall try this when I get home and manipulate the host file in: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

I got it last week from Amazon for $400. Can't add the link due to being a noobie but it was the [discontinued] Black Friday Bundle with Lego Batman 3 and Little Big Planet 3 (download code). I just checked and those stocks are gone but have them for $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back