Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter SnakePlissken       Start date May 19, 2018 at 12:57 PM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the rooms being used in the development of Kurok: Escape From Lost Land for PS4. These rooms are used to test various aspects of the game as they're developed. Testing things like new frameworks, particle systems and effects, physics, movement, weapons and sounds.

Main Features:
  • Controller Support
  • Climbable walls
  • Able to Duck down
  • Able to Jump
  • Walking button
  • Use Button
  • FlashLight
  • Pickup-able and drop-able weapons
  • LandMines that explode
  • Sounds specific to certain surface
  • Functional Shooting Range
  • Vehicles
  • Falling Damage
  • Ragdoll Effect on Player
NOTE: In version v0.1; in order to use the buggy car, you must have a keyboard plugged in and you must press W to move forward while using the controller stick to steer. this will be fixed in a future release as Vehicles become fully supported.

Furthermore, under certain circumstances it seems keyboards do not work in game for some ps4 owners and it is currently unknown why this is.

Download: KuroK dev test rooms.pkg (143 MB)

This post should also be considered an announcement of the development of a Kurok homebrew for PS4.

Kurok Escape From Lost Land Dev Test Rooms PS4 4.55 PKG.jpg

Comments

@bynonper
Au fps kit is far from compatible with the Unity 2017.2.0p2. virtually 50% of the scripts had to be re-written and the rest was littered with over 70+ monotonous errors each sorted out by hand.

I then added a lot of new scripts and even assets most which are not even used (yet) in the current build, others brand new and in use. I also clearly stated in the first post that "this will be used as a framework for Kurok..." i just don't want to feel undermined... a lot of effort and time went into this.

@SnakePlissken

The fact that it really is a one-man show makes it just even more impressive ... wow ... To be honest i didn't even know the original Turok for N64 ... At this time i must have been stuck with my GameGear :D

But after watching some videos of the original on Youtube i could already spot lots of aequivalents and similarities. Especially the stone and grass textures look nearly identical. ofc higher-resolution but the design fits just perfect :)

Keep it up buddy (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back