Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter mcmrc1       Start date Jan 3, 2016 at 8:27 PM       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following their Linux PS4 Demo, today PlayStation 4 hackers fail0verflow released their Linux PS4 Kernel work-in-progress repo on Github.

Download: ps4.zip / GIT

From Twitter:

Also from Wololo on the WIP, to quote:

Linux on PS4: Fail0verflow publish their fork of the linux Kernel (WIP)

After announcing earlier this week that they managed to run Linux on the PS4, the Fail0verflow hacking crew promised they would publish their sources once in a stable state. They just published a github link on twitter, which contains their PS4 fork of the Linux Kernel.

What is this PS4 Linux source code, and is it useful for me?

Unless you’re a PS4 hacker with a Kernel exploit in your possession, these sources will most likely not be useful for you at this point. Fail0verflow have explained during the CCC conference that although they will actively work on providing a Linux port for the PS4 community, they will not provide the hacks/Jailbreaks/exploits they used to install and run it in the first place.

We know that several PS4 hacking groups have PS4 exploits running, so it will be interesting to see what these groups do with this newly announced github repository. For the individual reader, you’ll want to check who forks the Fail0verflow github, as a hint to whom might have running exploits ;)

For those of you interested to jump into the code and understanding what changes Fail0verflow have been working on, the best way is probably to look at the full diff of the PS4 Linux port compared to the base.

When will Linux for the PS4 be released?

For the “end user”, you’ll still have to wait for several things to happen before any of this gets released: this Linux port to be finalized, a group of hackers to release a working PS4 Jailbreak, and someone connecting the dots together between the exploit and booting Linux. Don’t hold your breath, but this might happen sooner than most think.

Linux_PS4_Source_Code.jpg

CX5IwgfWMAAiCEd.jpg

Comments

i have high hopes because fail0verflow says that the security from the ps4 is not so good and we have good devs out there

ps... i have big problems to write with an android phone on this forum ! i cant even hit enter to go to the next line and the cursor jumps automatically to the top and so on.
I'll look into this more, but from what I've read (HERE and HERE for example) it's a browser/OS specific issue versus a Xenforo one.

:idea: Are you able to test something for me? When you go to make a post on your mobile device, use the BBCode Editor instead of the RTE (Rich Text Editor) and see if it fixes it. ;)

You can disable the RTE HERE when logged in PSXHAX by unchecking the following box:
  • Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages
@B7U3 C50SS I've now merged and mainpaged the news :)

works better now ! i have deleted the problem line from the post here to make the post clean and started a new one about that problem :) thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back