Following some of his many previous VPK homebrew updates, PlayStation Vita developer Rinnegatamante recently released Lua Player Plus Vita (also known as LPP-VITA for short) which is a Lua interpreter for HENkaku on PS Vita!
Lua Player Plus is a multiplatform LUA interpreter currently available on PSP (lpp-c++ / lpp-plugin), 3DS (lpp-3ds) and PSVITA (lpp-vita).
At current stage, it's good to make 2D games and apps but final goal is to provide a complete set of tools to make any kind of projects and make them easily portable towards consoles (lpp-3ds and lpp-vita for example both use a similar code syntax).
In the RAR file you'll find the interpreter documentation, some programming samples and a builder (currently only for Windows) able to generate a vpk package from your code.
- GPU rendering support.
- Sound system support with native support to MP3, OGG, MIDI, WAV audiofiles.
- FTP server for fast scripts debug.
- Controls and touch/retrotouch support.
- Alpha blending support.
- Native support to BMP, PNG and JPG images.
- Native support to TTF fonts.
- Possibility to build standalone homebrews in vpk format.
- I/O functions support.
- Arithmetical functions support (mathlib).
- Minor functions support (Like battery ones).
- vita*** and HENkaku devs to make this possible.
- @xerpi for vita2dlib and ftpVita srcs and for his awesome help on Skype .
- @gnmmarechal for testing the interpreter.
- @Misledz for the lpp-vita logo.
- EasyRPG Team for the audio decoder used in Sound module.
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-vita