Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter prabin       Start date Apr 16, 2019 at 9:49 AM       23      
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an exclusive meeting with Wired, Lead System Architect Mark Cerny (Twitter) revealed Sony's next-gen PS5 videogame console will feature GPU ray tracing, a specialized solid-state drive (SSD), 8K output, PS VR and PS4 backwards compatibility support as PlayStation 5 will include a disc-based system to ensure a gentle transition with multi-platform game releases... however, he also confirmed it definitely won't be released in 2019 stating it isn't an upgraded PlayStation 4 but instead will be a true next-generation machine! :love:

To quote from IGN's summary of what's known on Sony's upcoming technology thus far:

Cerny explained that the console's CPU is a variant of the AMD Ryzen third generation, and that its GPU is a custom version of Radeon's Navi line. That GPU is capable of ray tracing, a high-performance graphical technique with some incredible results. As you'd expect, the console will also support 8K displays.

Cerny also showed off the power of the console's new solid state drive (SSD) with a practical demo. According to Wired, fast-traveling between locations in Insomniac's Spider-Man on a PS4 Pro took 15 seconds. Using a next-gen PlayStation devkit, the same action took 0.8 seconds.

We also finally get confirmation that the console will still accept physical media, rather than taking a download-only or streaming-only form. That ties into another aspect - it will be backwards-compatible with PS4 games, although we don't know if it goes any further back through the generations than that. The current PSVR model will also be compatible with the new console.

Cerny also covers the fact that the new AMD CPU will allow for a 3D audio with no extra hardware. "With the next console," he explained, "the dream is to show how dramatically different the audio experience can be when we apply significant amounts of hardware horsepower to it."

From Pastebin.com:
Code:
I'm a third party small developer from EU,for the last 8 months i've been helping a well known company in a AAA game development that is set to release in 2020 as a lunch game for PS5.

Some infos that i'd like to share that are 99% correct(i say 99% because small incremental hardware change can occur till 2020,although specs are set in stone).

-PS5 official info from Sony somewhere around next E3(Sony will not be participating on E3),i'd say Q2 2019 small reveal
-PS5 release March 2020 or November 2020,not yet finalized
-backward compatible
-physical games & ps store
-ps plus & ps plus premium ( premium-beta early access,create private servers,
-specs CPU 7nm ryzen 8 core 16 threads,unknown speed
      GPU 7nm Navi arhitecture around 14TF,its gonna be powerful and power efficient,Sony working with Amd for Navi,some sort of Ray Tracing but will not focus on that,more focus with VR and 4k,much better bandwith overall
     24GB Gddr6 + 4gb ddr4 for os,we have 32 gb dev kits
-2tb hdd some sort of nand flash
-8k upscaling
-PSVR2 in 2020 also,reveal with ps5,big resolution boost probably 2560x1440,120hz,220 field of view,eye tracking,wireless,battery life 4-5 hours,headphones integrated,less motion sickenss,no breaker box,much less cable management,much more focus on VR for aaa games,price around 250$
-dualshock 5,some sort of camera inside for VR,more analog precision for fps games,something similiar to steam analog trackpad
-price 499$,100$ loss per console at a beginning

Ps4 exclusive launch games that i know of

Gran Turismo 7 (vr)
Pubg remaster 4k f2p with ps+ only on ps5
Last of us 2 remaster
Ghost of Tsushima remaster
2-3 aaa games more + psvr2 games

Non exclusive ps5 games 2020

Battlefield bad company 3
Harry potter
Gta 6 Holiday 2020 most probably,not hearing anything ps4 related (hearing that Sony is paying huge money to secure 1 month time exclusive for ps5). Been hearing rumors about Miami and New York,so 2 big cities,but im not sure if thats 100% true
Assassins creed
Horizon 2 so far in 2021
Mark Cerny Reveals PS5 Features Ray Tracing, SSD and PS VR!.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back