Buy, Sell and Trade       Thread starter eek       1313       6

eek

Contributor
I'm thinking about selling my PS4 on 3.15 but nor sure if it worth more than than ones that are updated or not. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
Depending on what they're doing, some devs may consider lower FW consoles more valuable than others.

My opinion is (regardless if it's 3.15, 4.05, 4.55, 5.05, etc) if it's jailbreakable then you probably can get a bit more than what new consoles are currently going for.

There's always a chance if you list it in an auction and someone really wants it they'll pay a premium, but to the average user who wants to use it for hacks, mods, homebrew, etc I'd be surprised if it fetched more than $100 above the retail cost of a new console... unless you included additional accessories, games, etc perhaps. :D

TLH1337

Contributor
Verified
Also depending on region and Consoletype ..
Here Jailbreakable Fast/Slim are pretty much the same value as non breakable..
But Pro's go for big money..

lee48uk

Contributor
Lol i have the PS4 Pro Star Wars Battlefront 2 limited edition console with over 200 games on it (4TB External) running FW5.05 for laughs i wonder what its worth ??

eek

Contributor
Thanks guys. Game stop is offering $200 but it's a store credit. I looked at ebay & CL but prices vary and no mention of what firmware they are on. Maybe I'll toss it on fleabay this weekend and see what happens.

vevas

Contributor
Verified
I have slim 500gb 5.05fw with 1 controller. brand new, only unpacked and turned on to check fw version. If anyone interested... can send in EUROPE. hope to get ~+100€ market price :)

Recent Articles
Metal Gear Solid HD Remake in Dreams on PS4 by Bearly Regal
Similar to what's been done with LittleBigPlanet customizing and recreations, recently Bearly Regal on Twitter shared a Metal Gear Solid HD Remake now playable in Dreams by Media Molecule on PS4...
Vacation Simulator Floats on PSVR Tomorrow, Launch Trailer Video
Those who'd love to take a vacation if they could only get away from work may want to check out Vacation Simulator releasing tomorrow for PS VR on PlayStation 4. ☀ ⛱ 🥥🌴🌊 Owlchemy Labs Tech...
Some of the PlayStation 4 E3 2019 PS4 Trailer Videos!
We've seen a Watch Dogs: Legion PS4, Marvel Avengers: A-Day PS4 and some Final Fantasy VIII Remastered & Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 videos from E3 2019, and below are several more PlayStation 4...
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Races to PS4 Next Week
CTR racers on your mark, get set, go... as Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled speeds onto PlayStation 4 next week. 🏎 🏁 Get ready to go fur-throttle in the fully-remastered and revved up to the max...