Buy, Sell and Trade       Thread starter eek       1175       6

eek

Contributor
I'm thinking about selling my PS4 on 3.15 but nor sure if it worth more than than ones that are updated or not. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
Depending on what they're doing, some devs may consider lower FW consoles more valuable than others.

My opinion is (regardless if it's 3.15, 4.05, 4.55, 5.05, etc) if it's jailbreakable then you probably can get a bit more than what new consoles are currently going for.

There's always a chance if you list it in an auction and someone really wants it they'll pay a premium, but to the average user who wants to use it for hacks, mods, homebrew, etc I'd be surprised if it fetched more than $100 above the retail cost of a new console... unless you included additional accessories, games, etc perhaps. :D

TLH1337

Contributor
Verified
Also depending on region and Consoletype ..
Here Jailbreakable Fast/Slim are pretty much the same value as non breakable..
But Pro's go for big money..

lee48uk

Contributor
Lol i have the PS4 Pro Star Wars Battlefront 2 limited edition console with over 200 games on it (4TB External) running FW5.05 for laughs i wonder what its worth ??

eek

Contributor
Thanks guys. Game stop is offering $200 but it's a store credit. I looked at ebay & CL but prices vary and no mention of what firmware they are on. Maybe I'll toss it on fleabay this weekend and see what happens.

vevas

Contributor
Verified
I have slim 500gb 5.05fw with 1 controller. brand new, only unpacked and turned on to check fw version. If anyone interested... can send in EUROPE. hope to get ~+100€ market price :)

Recent Articles
Shoot Test PS4 Homebrew PKG by Lapy05575948
Following his Overcome: Save the Girl Edition PS4 PKG, today PlayStation 4 developer @Lapy is back with a Shoot Test PS4 PKG on Twitter stating the following: This is not the game that I have...
Virtual Virtual Reality by Tender Claws Arrives on PS VR, VVR Trailer
Those seeking to play VR in VR may want to check out Virtual Virtual Reality by Tender Claws, which is now available for PlayStation VR alongside a PSVR launch trailer video of the comedic...
Stickman Zombie Attack PS4 Homebrew Game PKG by Med33
After a lot of work, I'm announcing Stickman Zombie Attack homebrew game PKG made with Unity for the PS4. 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️ Thanks to all the beta testers @jwooh, @DEFAULTDNB and @FFTHEWINNER they helped...
Free-to-Play Action RPG Dauntless Slashes Onto PS4 Tomorrow
Reminiscent of Fortnite, the Behemoth-slaying co-op action RPG Dauntless slashes onto PS4 tomorrow, is free-to-play and offers exclusive cosmetic gear for PS Plus members. 😀 Here's more on...