Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter DenisMan       17      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for adding the tutorial here @robertusit, I'll link people to this whenever they ask on the forums how they can help protect their links so they have a guide to follow as a base now. (y)

Just goes to prove that Mega do not respect privacy and keep tabs on your account and what you upload. I bet if they got a request, even without a warrant they would rat you out. Mega def needs to be avoided if you're thinking of paying for an account.

Or maybe just post torrent magnet links (or full torrents on zipppy) and have no problem with reuploading files every time.

Torrents work when everybody is following the same guidelines to share it properly (i.e. private torrent tracker), at the moment we are not ready for that. You might be willing to seed but keep in mind that these sizes are tremendous. This particular type is also not popular at all (compared to popular TV series) where masses of people start to download as soon as a new episode gets released, so you also don't want to be on a DL speed of 10KB/sec. Sure he does not need to reupload but if there are barely any seeders or no seeders, you have in fact the same problem as a dead link.

Here is the simple example: I have tried to download Gravity Rush Remastered, but all links are dead link to torrent doesn't work (link to MEGA), and user is banned so he wouldn't be able to reupload it anymore. What I did is found and downloaded torrent from open tracker, it took me a little longer than if there were links to zippy, but at least I got the file. So I think torrents are still better than nothing in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back