Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 12, 2016 at 10:56 PM       71      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 3 developer zecoxao announced that CMX made available a Metldr LV2 Dumper for PS3 4.75 to 4.78 retail consoles!

Download: UP0001-CMX000010_00-METDUMPER0000000.pkg (Mirror) / metldr_475-478_fixed.rar (Mirror) / metldr_475-478.7z (Mirror) / dumpers_421-478.zip (Mirror) by haxxxen

To quote: Today is a special day. This marks an important release. You are now able to dump metldr from a simple pkg install, instead of using linux resources. That's right, thanks to CMX, this awesome bundle allows you to dump metldr without going through red ribbons and debians! :D

Created by:
CMX

Credits:
Flatz, for the original root key dumper source.
Joon and Mike, for the tests.

CMX (he made it all possible)

(The build script is ready to use, but i was too lazy to upload the modified pkg source in the first link :D)

Enjoy :)

Finally, from haxxxen to quote: Since it is easy to port it in a few minutes, i have made now a pkg from erk/met dumper for fws 4.21, 4.46, 4.65, 4.70, 4.75, 4.76, 4.78 (cex or dex)

Btw, you only need 5 symbols, so you can leave and remove the rest: toc, extend_kstack, copy_to_user, memset, memcpy. further it is only syscall table and those 2 gameos lpar thingies needed.

On another note, you should remove/comment new_poke install, since it can mess up with cobra mode. disabled, the dumpers work fine regardless of running cobra or not.

The lv1 patches can be done dynamically with search patterns and only htab and spe patch is needed, since the others are enabled by default (at least on rebug 4.21)
PS3_Ultra_Slim.jpg

Comments

It's the Nor chip model I can't remember the PS3 model but it's not a nand. I just have to apply pressure to the clip to get a good reading.
I recommend a clamp I used that on my nor model works well don't need to be realy tight but nice and snug also be sure to add something ontop of the clip to prevent damage
I'm guessing your model is a CECHG or higher with 2usb ports

I recommend a clamp I used that on my nor model works well don't need to be realy tight but nice and snug also be sure to add something ontop of the clip to prevent damage
I'm guessing your model is a CECHG or higher with 2usb ports
Yeah I need to buy a clamp from EBay or something. And I'm at work at moment. So I will tell you the model once I get home. And yes it has 2usb ports. 160gb. Bought it for £40 hahah mint condition.

I got a good model myself from there on fw3.55 I downgraded without flasher but I've bin doing this electronic stuff for yrs

I'm most likely going to jailbreak it and either sell it or sell the PS3 slim with cobra ode installed.
Well Tbh it all depends what you want to do I use my phat for Linux for cross compiling kernels. But if your planning to play games cfw is the way to go on a phat.

Well Tbh it all depends what you want to do I use my phat for Linux for cross compiling kernels. But if your planning to play games cfw is the way to go on a phat.
I've got two hard drives full of my back up games (both hard drives have same games) but I give my friend my PS3 slim with cobra ode. Because I barely play. But would love a PS3 with CFW again!

I've got two hard drives full of my back up games (both hard drives have same games) but I give my friend my PS3 slim with cobra ode. Because I barely play. But would love a PS3 with CFW again!
You know as much as a despite these ode Dev (you and I know who you are) there is advantages that the scene is not even aware of. I cod leak one small detail and wod tear them apart. But despite all there work you don't fully understand what you realy have in a console with that ode attached. I call it garbage or way of profit

You know as much as a despite these ode Dev (you and I know who you are) there is advantages that the scene is not even aware of. I cod leak one small detail and wod tear them apart. But despite all there work you don't fully understand what you realy have in a console with that ode attached. I call it garbage or way of profit

Well All the odes have been fu**ed in the ass since Sony blocked them. And now only work with swap disc after 4.55. That was a real pain in the ass. As I couldn't play non of my games online anymore I hate having the ODE attached as the PS3 switches off itself so I have a usb power adapter attached to it. So much hassle and wires! So I say from my opinion you should just tear them apart!

It sounds like you would know some nasty secret that would allow cfw on 3.56+ :D just give some hints ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back