Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 12, 2016 at 10:56 PM       71      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 3 developer zecoxao announced that CMX made available a Metldr LV2 Dumper for PS3 4.75 to 4.78 retail consoles!

Download: UP0001-CMX000010_00-METDUMPER0000000.pkg (Mirror) / metldr_475-478_fixed.rar (Mirror) / metldr_475-478.7z (Mirror) / dumpers_421-478.zip (Mirror) by haxxxen

To quote: Today is a special day. This marks an important release. You are now able to dump metldr from a simple pkg install, instead of using linux resources. That's right, thanks to CMX, this awesome bundle allows you to dump metldr without going through red ribbons and debians! :D

Created by:
CMX

Credits:
Flatz, for the original root key dumper source.
Joon and Mike, for the tests.

CMX (he made it all possible)

(The build script is ready to use, but i was too lazy to upload the modified pkg source in the first link :D)

Enjoy :)

Finally, from haxxxen to quote: Since it is easy to port it in a few minutes, i have made now a pkg from erk/met dumper for fws 4.21, 4.46, 4.65, 4.70, 4.75, 4.76, 4.78 (cex or dex)

Btw, you only need 5 symbols, so you can leave and remove the rest: toc, extend_kstack, copy_to_user, memset, memcpy. further it is only syscall table and those 2 gameos lpar thingies needed.

On another note, you should remove/comment new_poke install, since it can mess up with cobra mode. disabled, the dumpers work fine regardless of running cobra or not.

The lv1 patches can be done dynamically with search patterns and only htab and spe patch is needed, since the others are enabled by default (at least on rebug 4.21)
PS3_Ultra_Slim.jpg

Comments

Once you become a dad you see the world differently sure you can work your way into a system and patch the flaws but you also want your kids growing up seeing you each day not behind bars.
I do all this stuff for pure knowledge to help me understand how these systems work and how Dev's use there hw on cfw first to then use swap file to load the process on ofw it's not hard to figure out. It also can be reverse processed aswel take a look at there update file easy to see what it actualy is 2

Coudn't say this better,
people (devs) also have a life on the outside..
Its not what the people want..
It is the knowledge to grow and learn in the future like @Chaos Kid says!
Opensource (NGU) will help ya out with it and might to become a future devoloper with own creations and own it like it should!

Once you become a dad you see the world differently sure you can work your way into a system and patch the flaws but you also want your kids growing up seeing you each day not behind bars.
I do all this stuff for pure knowledge to help me understand how these systems work and how Dev's use there hw on cfw first to then use swap file to load the process on ofw it's not hard to figure out. It also can be reverse processed aswel take a look at there update file easy to see what it actualy is 2
I fully understand and appreciate why you wouldn't. That risk is just not worth taking.

trust me running code on bare metal to have it "run" is not a good idea at all
i can see the need to have it from the standpoint of maintaining a development cycle
but really its better to work from official sources
you can run right through whats obvious and then have the api "do what you want"
this whole philosophy of writing good code that runs is real crap if you dont know what you are up against.

Hello everyone. I was reading post about the ps3 jailbreak and was wondering if someone could help me? I have a cech-3000b model ps3 slim, and was wondering if i would jailbreak it. if anyone could point me in right direction and what i need that would be very greatful. Thank you for your time.

Hello everyone. I was reading post about the ps3 jailbreak and was wondering if someone could help me? I have a cech-3000b model ps3 slim, and was wondering if i would jailbreak it. if anyone could point me in right direction and what i need that would be very greatful. Thank you for your time.
If it's not running Firmware 3.55 or lower you can forget about it. unless you have a hardware flasher of some kind or an ODE. (COBRA / 3K3Y)

What you need is a Cobra ODE, and update the E3 ODE with the one from Cobra..
This is a .bin file that updates the kernel that allows you to patch syscalls for downgrade progress.

Also better do some research if never touched a 3K slim! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back