Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs.
Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 28, 2020 at 12:58 AM       4,703       15            
We've covered PS4 Pro Fan Noise Testing, a PS4 Fan Booster Payload and some PS4 Fan Control Payloads to adjust the PlayStation 4 fan speed and temperature... with the latest MiraTempReport PS4 Payload utilizing a special version of Mira (Updates) that reports the console temperature every minute via notifications from @zecoxao on Twitter crediting @LightningMods (Twitter) and @Al Azif (Twitter) for doing the fun stuff. 🔥

Download: MiraTempReport.7z (172.44 KB - includes MiraTempReportByLMAndAlAzif.bin and MiraLoader.elf) / MiraLoader.elf (Mirror) / Live Demo / MUXI672 PRO Alpha / PS4 Xplorer 1.24 (includes APU temperature) / PS4 Temperature 1.0.pkg (64 MB) via Lapy05575948 / PS4 Temperature 1.01 + Lapy.pkg (64.1 MB) via Lapy05575948 / PS4 Temperature 1.02 + Lapy.pkg (64.1 MB) via Lapy05575948

And from the included Readme.txt:

Instructions:
  • Place MiraLoader.elf inside /user/ folder or in your USB device and connect USB device if not in /user/ folder
  • Launch MiraTempReport
  • Report your temperatures each minute of game time, from several games
Code:
u32 sceKernelGetCpuTemperature(u64 res);

u64 numb;
u32 ret = sceKernelGetCpuTemperature(&numb);
printf("sceKernelGetCpuTemperature returned %i\n", ret);
printf("TEMP %d°C\n", numb);
Code:
connected
sceKernelGetCpuTemperature returned 0
TEMPERATURE is 62 °C
sceKernelGetCpuFrequency returned 1.60 GHz
MiraTempReport Mira Temperature Reports PS4 Payload via Notifications.jpg

Comments

laz305

Contributor
Verified
So at what temp should I start to worry and maybe turn off my PS4? And what should the setting be at? Cuz I’ve always noticed that temp control but always left it alone. I rarely ever play for more than an hour but still would be good to know.

muxi

Developer
Contributor
Verified
Interesting feature. But obviously only applicable for one game (and XMB) per session. As soon as a second title is started, the effect is cancelled and can only be activated properly after a reboot.

muxi

Developer
Contributor
Verified
If you like, you can copy the ApplicationCache.db of my menu via PS4-Xplorer or FTP to the browser cache /user/system/webkit/webbrowser/appcache/ApplicationCache.db (Important: the other two files (ApplicationCache.db-shm and ApplicationCache.db-wal) must be deleted there. This menu contains 3 HEN versions and also the TempReport Payload. The menu is accessed via the user manual.

Recent Articles
How to Update Codebreaker Cheat Database on PS4 with PS2 Games Tutorial
Let's get this out of the way. Yes, things have gotten fancier, gaming has come on leaps and bounds but the PlayStation 2 was (and still is) the best video game console of all time! And as funny...
Orbis Suite for PS4 Homebrew Development by OSM-Made (OldSchoolModz)
Proceeding the PKGDT Suite of PS4 PKG Backporting Tools, developer OSM-Made (@oldschoolmodzhd aka OLDSCHOOLMODZ on Twitter) recently updated Orbis Suite with PS4 6.72 Jailbroken Console support...
RU77 (Russia 2077) for PS VR Teaser Trailer by MiroWin Studio
Following their Guns 'n' Stories: Bulletproof for PS VR Trailer, this weekend MiroWin Studio let us know they're developing a virtual reality game with the working title RU77 (Russia 2077) about...
Sony Clarifies New Voice Chat Functionality Coming to PS5 Next Month
Earlier this week Sony released the 8.00 PS4 Firmware Update followed by a PlayStation 4 Notification on Party Chat recordings with upcoming PS5 console users, and today they clarified details on...