Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 31, 2016 at 9:42 PM       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayStation 3 developer Andreas Oman updated Movian PS3 Media Center to version 5.0 today, which features a new user interface that works better with touch devices!

Download: movian-gh-5.0.pkg / movian-5.0.pkg / movian-5.0.self

To quote from the official blog via PS4 News: Movian 5.0

Finally I've decided to put the 5.0 release out. Downloads are available here.

This release comes with a new user interface which works better with touch devices as Movian is now also available in Google Play store, get it here.

Highlights from this version, in no particular order:
  • New "flat" user interface
  • Official Mac OS X builds (with built-in updater)
  • Official Android builds (with built-in updater)
  • Improved screen saver
  • Better video decoding support on Raspberry Pi
  • Raspberry Pi 3 supported
  • Show current time in top-right corner
  • Hardware accelerated video decoding on Android
Have fun!
/Andreas
Movian.jpg

Comments

Thanks, i know that, im a day one user of showtime, and always testing the pre-releases. Tested this, found some interesting options on menu, but for the common user, 4.10 is enough.

Ps3 is limited (and aged) about codecs and formats, so nothing new on that side. Anyway despite the ugly flat b&w menu (obviously for mobiles) is a good work as always.

The GOOD THING ive found is i can turn off the R2-L2 search now, finally!!

Update the Navi-X Plugin and fix that ever loving pain "the memhole", and I could possibly use this again. Anytime Movian since, 4.09 has used its own cell specific codecs its been pretty crappy.
But this is good news because its forward progress and Movian and still chirping along after what? 4-5 Years now?

For those who have problems with movian on current 4.87 firmware with hen and multiman playing your own movies going back to menu as it's detected cinavia through the ps3 codec I have figured out the solution

It was bugging me as I could only watch first few mins of certain mkv movies. I think it detects codec through the audio somehow and many people on YouTube point to changing the date and time of the ps3, however I did not want to do this and I decided to dig about in the settings menu of movian and also in multiman

Here's how I got mine working:

Go to... Multiman - load Showtime - settings - general
Show news on homescreen off

Then... Movian - settings - video playback
And changed the buffer size to 40mb

I also went to... Multiman - settings
Turned off scan for avchd blueray and
Hide bd-rom disc from game list set to yes

Hope this helps somebody as I know the first time I tried to use this application I had the same problem and disregarded it for over 12 months before having another shot at this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back