Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 4, 2016 at 6:54 PM       32      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the previous update, PlayStation 3 developer @deank has released MultiMAN v04.80.00 which now includes PS3 4.80 Custom Firmware support followed by a Stealth (aka StealthMAN) version with details below.

Download: multiMAN_04.80.00_BASE_(20160503).pkg (35 MB) / multiMAN_04.80.00_BASE_(20160828).pkg (Updated 08/28/16) / multiMAN_04.80.00_UPD_CEX_(20160503).pkg (2 MB) / multiMAN_04.80.00_UPD_CEX_(20160828).pkg (Updated 08/28/16) / multiMAN_ver_04.80.00_STEALTH_(20160829).zip (33.28 MB)

Changelog (via Brewology.com):

multiMAN v04.80.00
  • Added support for CFW 4.80
  • Added update for Stealth version
MultiMAN v04.80.00.jpg

Comments

Updating via PKG file would only update multiMAN, to update the PS3 Firmware (whether it's OFW or CFW) it would be by PUP file.

So it won't update your PS3 System Software, but yes if you are on older 4.78 CFW I would update that too... if you tell me which CFW the PS3 is on, I can give you a link to the latest version of it too.

Mmmm... ok. I have a lot of questions apparently, sorry...

Ok, if I update the Multiman and the PS3 System Software is not there any problem with my games backups?

How can I know if my PS3 have OFW or CFW? I have Multiman into, but I don't know if my PS3 was jailbreaked... Is it important to know, uh?

Thanks a lot!!

Well, if multiMAN is on the PS3 then you're running CFW not OFW. ;)

That said, you should be able to go under the (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Software] field to check which version Firmware the PlayStation 3 is on.

Report back with that info and I will then find a link to the latest version of it for ya.

It only says 4.78 and not which PS3 CFW it is? Such as Rebug, Ferrox, Starbucks, etc?

If it doesn't and you aren't able to tell from the menus you could always try posting a few pics of it and someone else should be able to. :)

You said you had a CECH-2511A which is a PS3 Slim... mmCM was a multiMAN version often used by those with a Cobra USB dongle, did you ever own one of them or get the PS3 used from someone who did perhaps?

So right now you don't use the dongle to run the backups, meaning the mmCM version of multiMAN you posted is running from PS3 CFW... we just don't know which. o_O

Apparently at some point PS3 Custom Firmware was installed on the console when you ditched the dongle though.

I don't know how else to tell which CFW is on it so that I can give you a link to update the CFW to 4.81, unless you post some pics of the CFW menus and someone recognizes which CFW it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back