Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we reported on the HENkaku PS4 Exploit port and now Kiwidog shared a Native Linux / PS4 Development on Windows Tutorial with other PlayStation 4 developers! :cool:

Here are some recent Tweets from A-Town Thomas as diwidog:

And below is an introduction from the PlayStation 4 development on Windows tutorial, to quote:

"If you are like me, you hate developing on Linux. Nothing beats Microsoft’s Visual Studio, nothing. Recently with the Windows 10 Anniversary update you have WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux, as excited as I was for this to come out Visual Studio is a “slow” adopter of this technology and I currently spent many hours poking and tweaking things until I got them right. So here it is, a full tutorial on how to get PlayStation 4 development going on Windows.

Note: This is not using any of Sony’s official software development kit, and is free for anyone to use.
Before I begin, I would like to personally thank Marc Goodner and the Visual Studio C++ for Linux development team. Without them and the WSL team none of this would have been possible.

At the time of this writing you will need the 1.0.5 or higher VS C++ for Linux which has not been released yet but a preview build is available for download from Microsoft."

Check out the rest of the guide on his site here at Kiwidog.me! :)

Thanks to @mcmrc1 for sharing the news tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox!
Native Linux PS4 Development on Windows.png

Comments

Good question... I don't see that mentioned either... does any [USERGROUP=8]@Developer[/USERGROUP] happen to know?

First of all you need the actual toolchain second you need the binaries from target system then you need to set each perspective core n each xml for Linux loader and much more. Not to mention each chain is not based on fw revision it's based on endianess n allows swapping on actual system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back