Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter mcmrc1       28      
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the ps3 is done.. tried all cfw from rogero to rebug to mlt with 9.99 and so one....have no solder skills so try to fix it with e3 if even possibil is no option to me....all things i tried the ps3 stucks @37 % installation
if US, I'll fix it if shipped tome, but you'll need to ship the thermal paste you prefer, so I'm not liable of yellow light of death

There is no such thing as tricking theremo if u want u can change it in syscon using irisman or in webman but from what I know it goes rather up in fan speed , thermistor is in processor dye so no chance of tinkering with that , ONLY option is to replace thermal compound UNDER IHS that is thing to do , if u not feel up to it then find someone who will do it 4 u ;)

@mcmrc1 My slim has the same symptoms as yours; wifi not working and firmware stuck on 37% to 40%...

I had the hdd removed and partition deleted with a PC. then I put an old ofw into a pendrive remounted the hdd on ps3 in its blank status, used recovery mode to install ofw by usb. old firmware doesn't control if there are errors on logic units so the installation should be fine. After then you can access to xmb and install cfw to update.

That's it I had the first installable version ofw via usb, if I remember well 3.21 I could install it in recovery mode, then a cfw 4.55 habib nobd version. this was made over a year ago... still I'm waiting if I could fix it by exchange the wifi bt chip...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back