Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 8, 2019 at 9:30 AM       221      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the recent CreeperDiver / Spelunky Classic HD / Deltarune / Chip and Dale: Remastered PS4 PKG homebrew releases and his GBA Emulator Port for PS4, scene developer @7he D4RK H4CK shared on Twitter a Neo-Geo CD Emu on PS4 tutorial today alongside a video guide from @MasterTurkey based on it via his YouTube Channel for SNK emulation fans! ;)

Download: tutorial neo geo.rar (7.8 MB) / NeoCD Images Guide

To quote from his blog at PSMegaHax.BlogSpot.com, roughly translated: Neo-Geo CD Emu on PS4 Tutorial

And from the video's description: This tutorial was created by 7he D4RK H4CK for NeoGeo CD emulation on the PS4. I just followed their instructions and made this video. Essentially like contract work or something. So this is not my work or tutorial, just me following instructions and recording it.

NeoGeo CD emulation is done via the PS2 for PS4 emulator. Audio/Sound does not work currently.
Tutorial for 7he D4RK H4CK's NeoGeo CD for PS4
Cheers to @MasterTurkey for the heads-up on Twitter of this Neo-Geo CD Emu on PS4 news! :beer:
Neo-Geo CD Emu PS2 on PS4 Tutorial by 7he D4RK H4CK.jpg

Comments

@DEFAULTDNB
Ironclad (Never received an official AES/MVS port, also original cd ver goes for a ridiculous amount of money on ebay).
King of Fighters series (94-99)
Last Blade 1 and 2
Samurai Shodown series
Fatal Fury series
Art of Fighting 1 & 2 (wasn't a big fan of 3)
Metal Slug series
there are loads more I'm blanking on right now....

Main difference between the MVS/AES and the NeoGeo cd, is the latter taking advantage of redbook audio (which is awesome, as all the snk games receive an arrange soundtrack), also taking into account the SNK sound team were the best in the business, during the mid to late 90's (Fatal fury 2 last boss theme uses Mozart' - Requiem).... other than that, the games are identical to their MVS/AES counterparts, albeit with the NeoGeo cd having longer loading times. Regardless, there are some excellent games available on the system and is an excellent addition to the ps4 homebrew scene.

shame this emulator doesn't do sound yet though, as that's the main advantage of neogeo cd over its mvs/aes counterpart.

Most people don't realize qemu support but besides we aren't using qemu we are using unicorn-engine for these to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back