Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 28, 2021 at 2:30 AM       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the last batch of PS5 gameplay videos and the PS5 Unlimited Gamesharing Method Guide disclosure, this weekend we have a new group of PlayStation 5 game trailers for those currently in or planning to join Sony's next-gen PS5Scene to enjoy! 🤩

MLB The Show 21 - The Game Has Changed: 4K 60FPS Gameplay PS5 Trailer

It’s your turn to own The Show. MLB The Show 21 arrives on current and next gen platforms on 4.20.21.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Extended Features Video PS5

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is coming to PlayStation 5 on June 10th 2021 as FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE; a visually enhanced edition of the critically acclaimed and award winning game, featuring a brand-new episode featuring Yuffie as the main character, and numerous gameplay additions for players to enjoy.

In this extended video, take a look at the city of Midgar like never before, with improved textures, lighting and background environments. Switch between two game modes "Graphics Mode," which prioritizes 4K high-resolution graphics, and "Performance Mode," which prioritizes smooth action at 60 frames per second, and capture and share your favorite moments of this timeless adventure with a fully customizable “Photo Mode.” Enjoy immersive battles by using the DualSense wireless controller, with its haptic feedback integration.

In the brand-new episode featuring Yuffie, play as ninja Yuffie Kisaragi as she infiltrates the shadowy Shinra corporation to steal a powerful materia and restore glory to her homeland. Play alongside new characters and enjoy an expanded gameplay experience featuring multiple new combat and gameplay additions. This adventure brings new perspective to the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE story that cannot be missed.

Hunting Simulator 2 – Next Generation PS5 Trailer

The most immersive hunting video game experience is now optimised for the next generation of gaming. Boot up your PlayStation 5 and get stunning 4K resolution with a silky smooth 60 frames per second! Hunting Simulator 2 is available now on PS5 and PS4.

Sanity of Morris - Release PS5 Trailer

Sanity of Morris: a psychological horror adventure game. Your flashlight reveals the clues you need to stay sane, in the search for your father. Discover the truth! Could aliens be real?

Sanity of Morris launches 23rd of March and is available on PS4 and PS5.

Darq: Complete Edition – Launch PS5 Trailer

Award-winning horror-puzzler DARQ: Complete Edition is coming soon to PS5. Face Lloyd's nightmares in terrifying 4K at 30 fps on the cinematic mode, or perfect your physics-bending skills with at 1800p at 60 fps with the performance mode. Enjoy an improved experience thanks to DualSense haptics. FREE upgrade to PS5 for owners of the PS4 edition!

Black Legend - Launch PS5 Trailer

A dark, immersive Turn Based Strategy RPG. Available March 25, 2021 on PlayStation 4 & 5.

Auto Chess - Launch Announcement Trailer

Auto Chess Hits the PS5 on March 30. Get ready for the incredible capabilities and the upgraded gaming experience!

Destiny 2 - Season of the Chosen Proving Grounds Strike PS5 Trailer

Fight for glory. Prove your worth. Become our champion.

Gather your Fireteam and delve within the Cabal's imperial land tank. Represent the Vanguard in Destiny 2's latest Strike, Proving Grounds.

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - Accolades PS5 Trailer

See what the critics are saying about Puyo Puyo Tetris 2! Now's the perfect time to play the ultimate puzzle match on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Official PS5 Gameplay Reveal

Watch the official gameplay reveal of Sherlock Holmes Chapter One, a story-driven action-detective game that explores the origin of the world's greatest detective, set to be released later this year. The trailer includes work-in-progress gameplay.

Hitman 3 - Seven Deadly Sins Announcement PS5 Trailer

New DLC is coming to HITMAN 3 on 30 March! The Seven Deadly Sins is a 7-part expansion for HITMAN 3 that takes players deep into the mind of Agent 47. Can you resist all seven sins?

Isonzo - Reveal PS5 Trailer

Experience Alpine warfare on the Italian Front with the authentic FPS Isonzo!

Test your tactical skills in mountain warfare. The game covers key battles ranging from high-altitude combat in the Alps through to the ferocious battles for the Isonzo river! The Great War on the Italian Front is brought to life and elevated to unexpected heights! But remember - it’s not the mountain we conquer, but the enemy.

Prepare for WW1 Alpine Warfare with Isonzo, the newest entry in the historical WW1 Game Series. Wishlist Isonzo now on PlayStation: Coming Soon.

Hotel Life: A Resort Simulator - Reveal PS5 Trailer

Welcome to Hotel Life: a Resort Simulator!

Hotel Life is the first hotel simulator to take you behind the scenes of crafting idyllic holiday experiences. Your mission is to create unforgettable memories for guests while managing your hotel and growing your business!

You will monitor and manage all aspects of your holidaymakers' stay, from check-in to check-out wearing many hats to do so. Are you ready to start your Hotel Life? Coming in 2021 to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.

Hood: Outlaws & Legends - "The Mystic" Character Gameplay PS5 Trailer

Hood: Outlaws & Legends: The Mystic controls the tides of battle in new character gameplay trailer.

Evil Inside - Launch PS5 Trailer

Evil Inside is available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 now!

Evil Inside is a first-person psychological horror game. After the death of his mother and the arrest of his father for it, Mark decides to contact her using the Spiritual board. But it fades away, and here is when all begins... Mark will face his greatest fears to discover the truth.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum - Sneak Peek PS5 Trailer

It mustn't see us! Help... don’t look at us... The precious is calling!

Get a sneak peek at the upcoming story-driven action adventure video game based on the world of J. R. R. Tolkien.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum will be available in 2022 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.

Fire Commander - Reveal PS5 Trailer

Be a real hero in Fire Commander, the upcoming real-time tactics game where you fight the force of nature. Watch the announcement trailer to understand the merciless element you'll face every day.

War Hospital - Every Saved Life Counts PS5 Trailer

War Hospital is a combination of real-time strategy // economic survival and RPG elements. The gameplay involves the management of a field hospital and the recovery of wounded soldiers during the drama of World War I.

It is not only a computer game. It is a deeply emotional experience related to the greatest and often untouched drama in the world of games media - the First World War.

The special and unique perspective of presenting this subject allows us to think of the Field Hospital not only as electronic entertainment but also as a moving experience of the real drama of ordinary and extraordinary people - soldiers fighting on the fronts of the "Great War". Watch the reveal trailer now.

New PlayStation 5 Gameplay Trailer Videos Hit PS5 Scene.jpg

Comments

@tungatung
I may be wrong but I don't recall a single Sony advert or promise that games would run at 4K/120.

Consoles are almost literally just PCs now and the components that make up a PS5 and XSX wouldn't do 4K/120 in a PC. They wouldn't be bought for that. Heck, the RTX 3070 is advertised as a 1440p GPU. It'll talk 4K as being possible but Nvidia themselves call it a 1440p-class card. AMD equivalent would be about the same.

Now, when/if the AMD version of DLSS comes to console you may see promises of a faux-4K/120 but these machines are not universal 4K/120 machines. I sincerely don't know anyone that believes they are or were supposed to be and I cannot think of a single time Sony promised such a thing.

IMO, they should be 1080/120 or 1440/60 machines. Less than that is really just a failure by the developer and the console maker themselves.

I'm told a major, major bottleneck for both new systems is the demand that games work on current and last gen systems as much as possible. My guess is for the next few years this will be true and likely to help while stock is limited and prolong the lifecycles of the current gen. Don't be surprised if it takes 5 years for both machines to consistently deliver "next gen" looking titles.

TBH, very little makes me even want a new-gen console at the moment. No game I've seen looks all that special but it's not for thinking it was ever going to give me 4K/120 for every title. As the comment above me says, 4K/60 will be rare let alone 4K/120. We'll get a ton of 4K/30 this gen, IMO. Also tons of "performance or fidelity" options to choose 4K or a solid 60fps.

@tungatung
Yeah, that's just a capability. That's not in any way a promise that all (or any) titles will be at those specs. It *can* do 8K, 4K 120, etc.

It's like a Ford Fiesta having a speedometer showing a top register of 140mph/225kmh.

I *can* hit those speeds but it never will or should, lmao.

That's not a promise of any kind. It's a basic list of capability and, sure, Tetris HD Turbo will run at 4K/120 or 8K. That doesn't mean the next God of War was ever going to be 4K/120. I'm not saying it won't but that it's clearly not the standard or a promise of a standard in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back