Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 6, 2018 at 9:00 AM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're in the market for a new piece of PlayStation equipment, Sony has you covered with their Gold Wireless Headset scheduled to hits store shelves later this month featuring a sleek new design and enhanced performance. :cool:

Here's Sony Product Marketing Manager Steve Schwartz of Platforms Marketing with all the details, to quote:

We’re happy to announce that a new Gold Wireless Headset, which delivers enhanced comfort and performance, will be available in the next few weeks for $99.99 (MSRP) in the U.S.

The headset maintains everything you loved, while featuring a new sleek design with refined over-ear cushions that make it even more comfortable for long gaming sessions. The high fidelity 7.1 virtual surround sound intensifies the audio experience within compatible games. And the augmented noise-cancelling hidden microphones provide crisp, clear communication with your friends and teammates.

New PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset Arrives Later This Month 2.jpgWith the included 3.5mm audio cable, the Gold Headset is compatible with PlayStation VR and mobile devices. The new design makes the Gold Headset extra comfortable to wear with PS VR.

It’s a great way to immerse yourself in The Inpatient, a recently launched PS VR exclusive horror experience, with the unsettling sounds of scuttling insects and unexplained noises inside the Blackwood Pines Sanatorium (In addition to PS VR, you’ll need a PS4 system and PlayStation Camera to experience VR).

Also, don’t forget to download the Headset Companion App on your PS4 to load custom audio modes that are specifically tuned to enhance the audio in your favorite games.
New PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset Arrives Later This Month.jpg

Comments

My thoughts about this by looking at the picture.

1) Comfort is so important, and these headphones don't seem to have a comfortable headband cushions. The earpads are closed, pleather and on-ear pads which does not look comfortable at all.

2) Sound stage. Closed headphones, I think open headphones are more preferable for gaming which give a bigger sound stage.

3) Price. Mwah, I think it is decently priced. If I remember correctly, usually so-called gamer headphones are $150+.

I got my as a price match at Walmart for 60. Though they are the last ten they are comfortable and these look more uncomfortable than mine for 60 lol
dam phone.
what i meant to say is that for a 100 i would rather get last gen for 60, just a new design for the VR

I have a pair of Sony MDR-EX250AP in-ear earphones, that I always plug into the dualshock 4 controller to use for games.

Not a fan of huge headphones/headsets, don't want to worry about battery life & usb receiver either... I don't know, maybe I'm biased towards small in-ears as they are so feather-light & comfortable.

I purchased a pair of MDR-100ABN h.ear (Bluetooth) headphones, hoping they would work with my PS4 or my Sony android 4k tv.......unfortunately, no dice. I guess that's the reason they included a wireless receiver.

i have a Sound Blaster Evo ZXR Head Phones, the only way i can use is by USB Connection to the ps4. connecting audio jack to controller makes the sound laggy and buggy. Bluetooth wise the Ps4 dont recognise. sometimes feels weird to sit so close to the TV with a ps4 attached.

By default, bluetooth headsets should work with the PS4.

Broka, I wonder is it because of interference with dualshock 4's bluetooth signal, that Sony ultimately decided to go for wireless receiver solution?

Princeton, I plug my in-ear earphones into the controller all the time, no sound lag or bug issues. Granted it's only an in-ear & not drawing too much battery power from the controller.

My sound quality is bad when using the audio jack, usb to the console is better as it will use the micro sound card inside of the headphone.with USB, some games can detect it wil 5.1 or 7.1 but audio jack just stuck to 2.0 channel.

I fixed the problem some time ago using long usb extension though. :D

I already have the previous Gold and it's awesome, maybe i'll sell my older Gold for the new ver. one of these days, but for now i'm content with the old Gold.

I myself prefer playing with a headset on, it's way more immersive and the sound (virtual 7.1 enabled) is very clear than on my HDTV since it's fed directly to my ears, i can hear everything, even whispers that i don't usually hear on my TV.

I use the Uncharted 4 settings, imo, that one's crispier and louder than some of the settings I used available via the Companion App, playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone is a real blast with a headset :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back