Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 11, 2021 at 10:56 AM       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Sony held a private PlayStation VR2 Developer summit conference revealing new details on their upcoming PS5 VR headset including an HDR OLED display, eye-tracking support with a resolution of 4000x2040 pixels (2000x2040 per eye) and hybrid AAA games for those interested in the next-gen virtual reality system! šŸ˜Ž

This PS5Scene news comes following Sony's initial PS5VR Announcement earlier this year, the official PS5 VR Controller unveiling and rumored PlayStation Home PSVR2 revival.

With launch details expected in early 2022 a summary of purported PSVR2 specs is outlined in the video below from PSVR Without Parole's YouTube Channel, and to quote from UploadVR.com on the upcoming PS5 VR Headset:

"Other details from PSVR Without Paroleā€™s video claim the device, codenamed NGVR (Next-Generation VR), uses an HDR OLED display and has a field of view (FOV) of 110 degrees, 10 more degrees than the original PSVR. Alongside foveated rendering, the new headset could also use a technique called flexible scaling resolution to further increase the performance of PSVR titles.

The controllers, meanwhile, will reportedly feature capacitive touch sensors for the thumb, index and middle finger. These sensors will apparently be able to tell not just if a player is touching the controller but, if not, how far away from the controller their fingers are. We've seen a lot of patent filings and research reports that suggest future Sony controllers could support finger-tracking."
PSVR2: Full Specs & New Details REVEALED

Yesterday's PlayStation VR2 developer summit revealed a ton of new details about Sony's upcoming headset. Here's everything we learned.

New PS5 VR Headset Details Revealed at Sony's PlayStation VR2 Dev Summit.jpg

Comments

I'm actually curious about the motion sickness reduction using haptics. I'm so motion sick i cant really use VR or at least not that much with the first PSVR which is the only one i got

I agree on the motion sickness reduction. I am very curious to see if this actually works. I think VR is very cool and can be fun but I get sick so easily. Still haven't finished Far Point because it makes me so sick every time I play.

@btaggs same with me with blood and truth. The game itself isnt so bad, what made me very nauseous was the walking of the character and the fact the PSVR doesnt have the best quality and well i lost my save because my ps4 crashed too, shame... The first time i enjoyed it so much i played like 5h straight but when i took off the damn headset i felt like i was drunk, everything started spinning :sick:

I wonder how it will compete with the big boys on PC market, other than just being cheaper by cost of PC that can handle VR (excluding Oculus Quest, which doesn't need PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back