Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 10, 2019 at 2:36 AM       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week we caught wind of potential PS5 AI Voice Assistance functionality after a Sony patent for PlayStation Assistant was spotted, and recently another patent (sony-ps5-vr-headset.pdf followed by sony-playstation-vr-system.pdf for a Telepresence System) surfaced via LetsGoDigital.org hinting at rumors of a Next-Gen PlayStation VR (PS VR2) for PlayStation 5. 🤩

A related patent can be found on the USPTO site, and below is a summary of the patent from Eurogamer.net to quote: "Images show plans for a PSVR headset which includes two front and one rear cameras. A further camera is included on a PlayStation Move-style controller.

These headset cameras are in addition to the LEDs installed around the current unit. A microphone will again be included. There's also the option for a further, separate camera to track the user's movements - like the PlayStation Camera or Kinect.

Most excitingly, perhaps, is the mention the headset could be operated wirelessly, with data sent and received by Bluetooth. This would mean the unit also includes its own power supply.

One final point is the ability for the headset to show a 'transparent' view - made possible by those front-facing cameras - so you could see your surroundings through the screen.

Images from both of these cameras can be displayed at the same time, one per eye, producing a stereoscopic 3D effect. Alternatively, they could be used to overlay AR effects on your real-world surroundings."
Next-Gen PlayStation VR Patent Hints at PS VR2 for PlayStation 5 Rumors.jpg

Comments

I hope not. Other huge headset ? That's why I didn't purchased PS4 headset because it was huge and UGLY design!! Come on! Make a mini headset instead. SMH!

is it still use dildothing to make it move? please make a better controller i don't want to turn into a gay by wearing those silly stuff

i don't mind huge headset as long as it's controller is not a dildothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back