Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Nintendo       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 1, 2017 at 11:45 PM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year Nintendo reintroduced their Nintendo Entertainment System through the NES Classic Edition miniature version which was jailbroken by hackers earlier this year, and recently Nintendo announced the SNES Classic Edition is incoming offering the Super NES in a mini version as well for 16-bit retro gamers! :bananaman14:

The SNES Classic Mini will be released on September 29, 2017 for $79.99 complete with two SNES controllers and 21 classic Super NES games including the previously unreleased StarFox 2 for the first time ever which requires completing the first level of the original StarFox to play it.

SNES Classic Mini Games Included:
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Yoshi's Island
Is anyone planning to pick one up when it's released? :D
Nintendo SNES Classic Edition (Super NES Mini) Release Date & Pricing.jpg

Comments

Bought yesterday an nintendo switch and asked for the SNES the worker at the store said, they are already sold out cuz of to much reserve. I love Germany -.-.

Next option to get it will be on ebay for the double of the price

If I pick one up it'll be for reselling to dumb people. I already have all of these on emulator. So what? No pixel perfect emulation? I'll live. If I want that, I'll just dust off my SNES and play it.

I hope that eventually these emulators get decrypted and dumped. I'd sure love that pixel perfect mode on my Pi.

No pixel perfect emulation?
The SNES has a 256 (lines) x224 resolution:
  • if the HDMI resolution is 1080p, no problem about the lines (X4)
But what about the "wide" ?
  • if the pixels are not enlarged, you'll play in a small square (awful) !
  • Snes9x is able to enlarge the game itself, but that emulator will do it ? (I didn't find the answer)

The SNES has a 256 (lines) x224 resolution:
  • if the HDMI resolution is 1080p, no problem about the lines (X4)
But what about the "wide" ?
  • if the pixels are not enlarged, you'll play in a small square (awful) !
  • Snes9x is able to enlarge the game itself, but that emulator will do it ? (I didn't find the answer)
Sure, but 256x224 is an 8:7 ratio. When it outputted to a CRT, the image was stretched and the pixels became rectangular to form a 4:3 ratio.

So pixel perfect would be playing the game the way the SNES internally produces the image. Versus playing how it looked on a CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back