Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 5, 2017 at 11:46 PM       18      
Status
Not open for further replies.
As PlayStation 4 owners await further updates from SpecterDev on v4.05 progress, over the weekend some good things are also coming to PS3 users including a tentative PS3 WebKitSploit release window by @esc0rtd3w and also the NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 downgrading by @Zeigren. :D

Below are some pictures of both the NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition and NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board, and from @xxmcvapourxx in the PSXHAX Shoutbox, to quote: "Now downgrading will be alot easier with NAND and NOR with just USB power no need for PSU."

This is what Zeigren had to say on Reddit about his latest PCB hardware device, to quote: Here it is! The NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition!

It can:
  • READ/WRITE NANDs WITH THE E3 NOR CLIP
  • READ/WRITE NORs WITH THE E3 NOR CLIP
  • Read/write NANDs with the 360 clip (32 pin)
  • Read/write NANDs with the NAND UNI Clip (48 pin)
  • Read/write NANDs with the NOR UNI Clip (56 pin)
  • Read/write NORs with the NOR UNI Clip (56 pin)
  • Can be powered over microUSB with a 2 amp phone charger, no external power supply needed
Instead of using GitHub wiki I moved everything over to GitHub pages: https://zeigren.github.io/

Which contains more info about both boards, and is where I'll post further stuff I'm working on (I'll post here too) BUT ALSO I made a guide on how to use both boards. It's a work in progress, but it's mostly there.

Even though it's geared towards my boards a bunch of it is useful for anyone downgrading, especially using a Teensy.

They're both TSOP packages so they only differ in length, based on how many pins they have. Thus being able to use a NOR clip on a NAND, there's just 8 extra pins that hang off the end of the NAND when you put the clip on top lol.
Below are some related links alongside PCB pictures for those interested in downgrading their PlayStation 3 consoles, as follows:

NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 2.jpg NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 3.gif NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 4.jpg NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 5.jpg NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 6.jpg NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 7.jpg NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 8.jpg NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 9.jpg NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 10.jpg NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 11.jpg NORwegian Teensy Socket Edition Board for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren 12.jpg
NORwegian Teensy Clip Edition for E3 PS3 Downgrading by Zeigren.jpg

Comments

Lol how did I not see this sooner?

Have to use the clip such as e3 clip? If it is, i can't see the advantage of using it cause it was a mess

You don't have to use the E3 Clip, you can use whatever clip you want/have :p

We hope to see such chips for ps4 with time <3

You can use the Teensy and SPIway to dump the flash on the PS4, but there's no exploit that takes advantage of that. It's more likely the PS4 will be hacked some other way though.

This still doesn't help at all with the Super Slim though, does it?

No it doesn't help with super slims, unfortunately.

@src1979

Although this is true a little more has come of it than I initially planned and I still get emails about it, so here's a bit of an update on my NORwegian boards. I stopped working on my NORwegian boards and other solutions, and instead have made a bunch of clip adapters for the FlashcatUSB xPort. Which completely replaces what I was working on before.

eUGsHkim.jpg

It makes more sense to just make these for the xPort since it has better software support, works with 100's of different flashes, and has almost 3x faster transfer speeds along with a bunch of other useful features. All while still being about the same price as a Teensy++ 2.0. This way these clip adapters can easily be used for much more than just dumping and flashing PS3 NANDs/NORs.

5nj5DZ7m.jpg

I made a matching clip adapter for each of the TSOP48/TSOP56 NAND/NOR parallel socket adapters that they currently sell, with some extras for supporting different clip styles along with a probably overkill power supply to sit on top of everything #stacked. Instead of reiterating everything here you can just check out my website for more info.

This would of been nice 5 years ago, I used a Teensy for the nor chips soldered direct to the board. And I used a progskeet 1.1 for the nand chips with a socket on it that I made for the systems.

I pulled the nand chips off the board and then did what I had to do with them and then soldered them back onto the board. I started with soldering directly to the nand chips on the boards and it was time consuming to say the least. I switched about 4 ps3 nands and started taking them off.

It doesnt which way everyone goes but make sure that the you get really good dumps of both the nand and not chips before writing anything. Laters

I know that people are messing around with the flash on the ps4, I myself hasn't got my hands dirty and messed with the ps4 however will this work with the ps4 nor chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back