Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 24, 2016 at 8:15 AM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've covered the RPCS3 PC PS3 Emulator before, and today @zecoxao and @PixelButts let us know on Twitter that developer @AlexAltea (Twitter) who previously shared a PS3 RSX VRAM / IO Access Exploit no longer has time to update the Nucleus PC PS3 / PS4 Emulator so if anyone is interested in taking on the challenge here's your chance! :tree:

Download: nucleus-master.zip / GIT

Running/debugging PS4 1.76 kernel (with symbols!) on PC with qemu+gdb. Final goal will be full system-emulation.
Although there isn't much available yet, another PlayStation 4 emulator in development from Abaska is DCS4 for those keeping track.

Season's greetings to both @Nesterwork and @Chaos Kid for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox on the news. :lovewins:
Nucleus PS3  PS4 PC Emulator Open Source Project by AlexAltea.jpg

Comments

I never thought about an emulator for a PS4, but I can't imagine it would be all that impossible considering the PS4 (and Xbox One) are closer to a PC than any other console has been. I can imagine it would take a pretty beefy computer system to pull it off though unless there a way to boot the PS4 OS from startup could be made possible.

Lets just be honest backups through emulation is much worse of a problem then backups on the actual console. Because with backups through means of CFW you actually have to buy the system which actually supports Sony who intern supports the studios but with emulation you no longer support either. Seems like a double standard to me. Therefore if they aren't going to release CFW on PS4 than they shouldn't be developing an emulator which serves as greater means of backups.

I never thought about an emulator for a PS4, but I can't imagine it would be all that impossible considering the PS4 (and Xbox One) are closer to a PC than any other console has been. I can imagine it would take a pretty beefy computer system to pull it off though unless there a way to boot the PS4 OS from startup could be made possible.

Original Xbox emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back