Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 29, 2018 at 2:40 AM       66      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the PS4 Homebrew WIP this weekend PlayStation 4 developer @theorywrong released OrbisAFR on Twitter which is an Orbis PS4 Application File Redirector payload (OrbisAFR.bin) used to edit game files by modders... eventually leading to some new and exciting PS4 game mods! :love:

Download: OrbisAFR-master.zip / Mirror / GIT

According to @CelesteBlue via Twitter, this is basically the PS4 equivalent of RePatch (GIT / Fork / Latest Alpha) for PS Vita consoles. (y)

To quote from the README.md: OrbisAFR

Orbis (PS4) Application File Redirector

OrbisAFR is a payload for edit in-game file easily. Add Skyrim mods, Minecraft texture or any other things without re-buid PKG !

The principle is simple, all new (or replace) data is stocked in /data

Example

For example, i want to edit the intro of Black Ops 3 The introduction is here:
Code:
/mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/app0/intro/bo3_global_logo_logosequence.mkv
I have just to upload a new .mkv in
Code:
/data/CUSA02624/app0/intro/bo3_global_logo_logosequence.mkv
Now if OrbisAFP is loaded, the .mkv was loaded from /data and not /mnt/sandbox/... !

All file added in /data/CUSA02624/ is like file in /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/
  • If the file exist in /data/CUSA02624/ and in /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/, the file in data is used
  • If the file doesn't exist in /data/CUSA02624/, OrbisAFR use original file from /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/
  • If the file exist in /data/CUSA02624/ and not in /mnt/sandbox/CUSA02624_000/, the file in data is used
OrbisAFR doesn't just replace, but can also add new file in a game ! (Sorry for my bad english :p)

Tekken 7 Mod by warez007
PS4 | Frame4 AFR | Application File Redirector | Tutorial
OrbisAFR Orbis PS4 Application File Redirector by TheoryWrong.jpg

Comments

Having to wait 24hrs just to get help with this has been painful, though I understand why there is a waiting time before being able to post.

Anyways on to what I wanna ask and that is help with Dead Island and this OrbisAFR, I honestly dunno if I am making a mistake or if it just doesn't work with this game, anyone else have this game they could test to see if its not just me? What I was doing was editing the default_levels.xml but to no avail.

Folder layout should be correct but I dunno for sure.
/data/CUSA03291/app0/DI/data0.mpak

I have tried several other ways but with no luck.
Any help is much appreciated.

Sometime, game use getdirents and my payload return only file in /data and not in /mnt/sandbox, and the game doesn't load after that.

Use Mira and open the klog system (telnet [ps4 ip] 9998)

All redirected file was logged inside this.

Note: sometime, for example /mnt/sandbox/app0/Orbis will be /data/CUSAXXXXX/app0/orbis (like Minecraft)

I work on a update with a original file logger for see what file can be edited ;)

If you can send me the log for OrbisAFR witht the game name please :D

(You can see a OrbisAFR log with because he start with "[SYS_OPEN] Redirected:")

if you don't see any of this message, your /data folder is not done

I don't have access to a PC, I am using PS4serve android app to do all my payload sending, Also if I am able to do this from Android aswell then I have no clue how sorry

Ok I used a telnet app for android and I noticed this upon loading up my game
[SYS_OPEN] Redirected: /user/data/CUSA03291 (0)

but no changes are made to the game, unless of course that (0) means nothing was loaded

the message appears a lot in the command line aswell

I hope someone will figure out how to enbale ps4 pro support for unsuported games.

I'd love to play Bloodborne in 1440p/1800p or at least reduce the aliasing.

Hi I've got a question, does this only work for games with flat file directories? I've got a game that I want to mod and the assets are stored in PSARCs.

I am able to properly edit the files extracted from the PSARCs, I assume I could repackage everything back into a PSARC, and use this to load my custom version of the archive, but is there an alternative to rebuilding a PSARC every time I make a change?

Maybe something to override a one or a few assets from the PSARC at runtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back