Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 26, 2018 at 1:08 AM       11,464       5            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this year we got a first look at PlayStation 4 Virtualization by @AlexAltea, and recently he shared on Twitter an experiments in PS4 emulation video from his YouTube Channel demonstrating the Orbital PS4 emulator currently in development. :geek:

Download: orbital-master.zip / GIT

He also tweeted he'll be present at this year's 35C3 event stating the following, to quote: "Flying to #35C3. I'll be around the emulation assembly, otherwise reachable @ 8180 (GSM): mostly CTFing, having tschunks and working on Orbital, my LLE PS4 emulator (sneak peek below). Happy holidays!"

And from the video's description: Experiments in PS4 emulation. Current status:
  • All drivers initialize correctly.
  • VFS is successfully loaded.
  • First userland application, /mini-syscore.elf, is decrypted and launched successfully.
  • Shortly after /SceSysAvControl.elf is launched which successfully handles system events.
  • Simultaneously, mini-syscore detects an issue with the HDD, which is to be expected during first-time boots, and launches /safemode.elf.
  • The system enters Safe Mode successfully, but gets frozen while rendering the safe mode menu.

Orbital #1: User Interface

Orbital #2: Graphical Output

Experiments in PS4 emulation. Current status: After last update, we have reimplemented large parts of the PS4 GPU graphics pipeline using Vulkan and recompiling AMD GCN bytecode into SPIR-V. This finally allows us to "see" the Safe Mode menu, booted from a PS4 5.xx kernel.

At the moment, we receive a CE-343* issue which indicates a PS4 HDD failure. This error is to be expected since we have booted the PS4 kernel without a valid HDD image.

In the future Safe Mode menu will have an important role when booting Orbital for the first role. The procedure to make the emulator work will be similar to the replacement of the HDD in an actual PS4 console.

Orbital: A low-level PS4 emulator | Lightning Talks Overflow at 35C3
Orbital Experiments in PS4 Emulation Demo Video by AlexAltea.jpg

Comments

Status

BwE

Developer
Contributor
Id love some information on what kinds of issues outputs different blod flashes. I wonder if this can also be emulated. There are so many hidden beeps that are the results of damaged or missing hardware, I would know, I'm butchering ps4s all the time!

Status
Recent Articles
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & MediEvil Join New PS4 Games Next Week
Next week the PlayStation 4 gets some heavy hitters, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for PS4 on October 24th, and both MediEvil and The Outer Worlds on October 25th. šŸ˜ƒ Without further ado...
Sony Rumored to Unveil PS5 at PlayStation Meeting on February 12, 2020
Yesterday we saw the first PS5 DevKit Prototype Images, and although Sony confirmed the PlayStation 5 will launch during the Holiday 2020 season they haven't announced an official PS5 unveiling...
Leaked PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images Surface from ZONEofTECH
Following the PS5 Development Kit Design Patent and PlayStation 5 Development Kit 3D Renders, this weekend ZONEofTECH shared some leaked Sony PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images on Twitter with a video...
Sony Confirms PS5 Will Support PlayStation Now, New Controller Patent
In a recent interview with Famitsu Magazine, Sony's Yasuhiro Osaki confirmed that PlayStation 5 will support their digital streaming and downloading video game subscription service PlayStation...