Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter kizabg       Start date Sep 23, 2021 at 12:55 PM       28      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the PS4 PKG Info on PlayStation 4 Packages and Keys by the legendary maxton (R.I.P.), today PS4Scene developer @flatz announced on Twitter the release of an ongoing PKG_PFS_Tool project spanning several years that unpacks PS4 PKGs / PFS / Save Games and can generate GP4 files for building PKGs including all keys provided you have the correct key sets! :love:

Download: pkg_pfs_tool-main.zip / GIT / pkg_pfs_tool (0.61 MB - Precompiled) / Mirror via _nyannoying / ppt182.7z (195.69 KB - Windows Binary - pkg_pfs_tool.exe) via @dankmoor / pkg_pfs_tool_win64.rar (0.36 MB - Win64, includes pkg_pfs_tool.exe and zlib1.dll) / pkg_pfs_tool.rar (227 KB - Windows Binary - pkg_pfs_tool.exe) via @jocover on Twitter / pkg_pfs_tool_msys2.rar (1.29 MB - Compiled for Windows, includes pkg_pfs_tool.exe, msys-z.dll, msys-2.0.dll and msys-gcc_s-seh-1.dll) / pkg_pfs_tool_macos_x86_64.zip (0.17 MB - Compiled for MacOS, includes pkg_pfs_tool and config.ini)

Below is a brief recap of some related articles for those new to the PlayStation 4 Scene, sorted by date with the oldest first:
And from the README.md, to quote: PS4 PKG/PFS tool (c) 2017-2021 by flatz

Dependencies:
  • mbedtls
  • uthash
  • zlib
For ubuntu-ish:
Code:
sudo apt install libmbedtls-dev uthash-dev zlib
To produce windows executable from ubuntu-ish via mingw:
Code:
sudo apt install mingw-w64 libz-mingw-w64-dev
Then pass e.g.
Code:
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../cmake/mingw-w64-x86_64.cmake
to cmake.

P.S. In memory of Maxton Garrett (maxton), this release is dedicated to you.
to compile tool you need to compile mbedtls release 2.27 and in options enable CMAC_C in config.h and also add option -fPIE to CMakeLists.txt in project
i'm not sure if i already shared this, but here it goes again, in case i already have:
this is a config.ini with the keys found in the ps4devwiki, which includes the shellcore metadata keys and the sealed keys

Spoiler

with this you should be able to decrypt fpkg, using flatz's pfs_pkg_tool. however, since the tool does not support multithreading (yet), the prefered way will still be maxton's tool.
i have also added some notes about flags used in Non Volatile Storage on the ps4devwiki, which you can find here: Non_Volatile_Storage
PKG_PFS_Tool PS4 PKG  PFS  Save Games Unpacker Tool by Flatz!.jpg

Comments

what better does this tool have to offer over the earlier tools available for unpacking pkg, generating gp4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back