Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the PS4 PKG Integrity Checker, LibOrbisPKG: Library for PS4 PKGs, PS4PKGVerifier 1.4 GUI App and his PS4 SFO Reader / Editor recently PS4Scene developer Hippie68 added PKGCheck on Github which is currently a work-in-progress (WIP) with the aim being to verify PS4 FPKGs for checksum errors and fix them on demand. 🔎

Download: pkgcheck-main.zip / GIT / pkgcheck.zip (1.3 MB - compiled by @mailwl, includes pkgcheck.exe and libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll)

From the README.md: PKGCheck

Work-in-progress command line program that not only verifies an FPKG's checksums, but also fixes them.

This program is almost fully functional yet still incomplete, and I might need your help to complete it. My idea was to fix checksums on-the-fly, without extracting the PKG. And it does work for the most part, however now I'm stuck right before the finish line where it comes to the entry keys.

The only documentation I can find about them and their checksums is PKG Information, but it is not clear to me how exactly those RSA checksums are calculated and how to proceed. If you think you can do it and want to collaborate, please let me know. It would be great if it could be done with the OpenSSL API.

The missing code is about to begin at line 633.

Other useful links that helped me get as far:
(They don't help a lot with the missing final part though.)

The program currently requires OpenSSL or LibreSSL headers and the GCC compiler.
Code:
gcc -Wall -lcrypto pkgcheck.c
If you like the idea of this project and want to help, feel free to fork and hopefully report back. Thanks!
PKGCheck to Verify & Fix PS4 FPKG Checksums in Development by Hippie68.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back