Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen several PlayStation downloaders including PSX Download Helper, PSDLE, NoPayStation with NoPayStation Database, NoNpDrm Dump, PKGJ and based on PKGi by mmozeiko comes a PlayStation 3 Downloader / Installer port dubbed PKGi PS3 from bucanero (Twitter) of Bucanero.com.ar. 😀

Download: pkgi-ps3.pkg / GIT / NoPayStation_to_PS3_PKGi_by_Jabu.7z (41 KB from @JabuPL) / pkgj.rar (2.67 MB) / nps2pkgi.py (Converts the NoPayStation TSV for PS3 Games to PKGi-PS3 format) / listconvertertsvrap.py (Needs "raps" folder with corresponding rap files) via s1cp / pkgi.txt (945 KB) via xforce505

And from the README.md: PKGi PS3

PKGi PS3 allows to download PKG files on your PS3.

This homebrew allows to download & install PKG files directly on your PlayStation 3.

Features
  • easy way to see list of available downloads, including searching, filter & sorting.
  • standalone, no PC required, everything happens directly on the PS3.
  • automatic download and unpack, just choose an item, and it will be installed, including bubble in live area.
  • resumes interrupted download, you can stop download at any time, switch applications, and come back to download from place it stopped.
Current limitations:
  • no support for DLC or PSM.
  • no queuing up multiple downloads.
  • no background downloads - if application is closed or Vita is put in sleep then download will stop.
Download

Get latest version as pkg file here.

Setup instructions

You need to create a pkgi.txt file in /dev_hdd0/game/NP00PKGI3/USRDIR that will contain items available for installation. This file is in very simple CSV format where each line means one item in the list:
Code:
contentid,flags,name,name2,rap,url,size,checksum
where:
  • contentid is full content id of item, for example: UP0000-NPXX99999_00-0000112223333000.
  • flags is currently unused number, set it to 0.
  • name is arbitrary string to display for name.
  • name2 is currently unused alternative name, leave it empty.
  • rap the 16 hex bytes for a RAP file, if needed by the pkg (.rap will be created on /dev_hdd0/exdata). Leave empty to skip .rap file.
  • url is HTTP URL where to download PKG, pkg content id must match the specified contentid.
  • size is size of pkg in bytes, or 0 if not known.
  • checksum is sha256 digest of pkg as 32 hex bytes to make sure pkg is not tampered with. Leave empty to skip the check.
Name cannot contain newlines or commas.

An example pkgi.txt file:
Code:
EP0000-NP9999999_00-0AB00A00FR000000,0,My PKG Test,,dac109e963294de6cd6f6faf3f045fe9,http://192.168.1.1/html/mypackage.pkg,2715513,afb545c6e71bd95f77994ab4a659efbb8df32208f601214156ad89b1922e73c3
UP0001-NP00PKGI3_00-0000000000000000,0,PKGi PS3 v0.1.0,,,http://bucanero.heliohost.org/pkgi.pkg,284848,3dc8de2ed94c0f9efeafa81df9b7d58f8c169e2875133d6d2649a7d477c1ae13
Usage

Using application is pretty straight forward. Select item you want to install and press X. To sort/filter/search press triangle.

It will open context menu. Press triangle again to confirm choice(s) you make in menu. Or press O to cancel any changes you did.

Press left or right shoulder button to move page up or down.

Q&A

1. Where to get a RAP string?

You must use a tool like RIF2RAP plugin to generate a RAP from your existing RIF files. Then you can use any generic Hex viewer to get the hex byte string.

2. Where to get pkg URL?

You can use PSDLE to find pkg URL for games you own. Then either use original URL, or host the file on your own server.

3. Where to remove interrupted/failed downloads to free up the space?

In /dev_hdd0/packages folder - each download will be in separate pkg file by its title id. Simply delete the file & start again.

4. Download speed is too slow!

Optimization is still pending.

Building

You need to have installed:
Run make to create a debug build, or cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release . to create an optimized release build.

After than run make pkg to create a pkg install file. You can set environment variable PS3LOAD (before running make) to the PS3's IP address, that will allow to use make run for sending pkgi.self file directly to the PS3Load listener.

To enable debugging logging pass -DPKGI_ENABLE_LOGGING=ON argument to cmake. Then application will send debug messages to
UDP multicast address 239.255.0.100:30000. To receive them you can use socat on your PC:
Code:
$ socat udp4-recv:30000,ip-add-membership=239.255.0.100:0.0.0.0 -
License

PKGi-PS3 is released under the MIT License.

Cheers to @zecoxao on Twitter for the heads-up and @xf505 on Twitter for the screenshot! 🍻
PKGi PS3 PlayStation 3 Port of PKGi Tool Downloader Installer by Bucanero.jpg

Comments

@mukasange It's cool and all, but honestly i prefer PC based apps for multiple different reasons, OVERHEATING is one of those, i mean imagine leaving your PS3 on for a day or two to download a game, i prefer using IDM on PC (boosts down speed to the max) plus i don't have to keep my PS3 on all day while i can do it on PC instead.

Still, good work, whoever created this tool. keep it up.

@GamerX2 sure it's overheating when you used your ps3 above the average time >6 hours or even more, but today internet is decent and we are on the verge of 5G i even doubt if 10-20gb of ps3 games required more than 6 hours to download but if you have poor internet connection perhaps it still has this overheating issue

you realize you said if the VITA is turned off the download will stop. that download in the background option doesn't work. i mean it does download it via the internet download manager on the ps3 once i reset the system but when it's done downloading the game is nowhere to be found. i looked everywhere including all up and down the game part of the xmb.

never mind found the downloaded games in package manager psn content.

first of all many thanx for this effort. I think i've made it. downloaded a small pkg game with (no rap required) for an example. But i couldn't find the pkg game on ps3. Where is it?

Got it installed and working great on my PS3 (Thanks @JabuPL too)

But when I try to run the installed game I get:

This content can be used if you renew the licence in PlayStation Store

Anyone know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back