Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter abzii       41      
Status
Not open for further replies.

abzii

Contributor
Verified
Hi

Im on 3.50 i went out and bought mafia 3 to play put the disc in waited shows up as 'PS4 game disc' (not mafia 3) then it says u need to be on 3.55 to play... i was wondering is there anyway to play, offline ofcourse, without updating to 3.55? The worry is if i do update to 3.55 it asks again you need to update to 4.1 even thou probably the game was made before anything after 3.55 was implemented

Any help would be great but i cant try any idea yous have until i get out of hospital thanx

Disconnect console from internet and try , if then after inserting game disc game requires you to update u r out of luck as game will force you to update.

Ahhhh when a cfw does arrive the know-it-alls show their faces lol

? Remains unsolved... anyone tried games released in the past 30 days on a fw below 3.50 and has ps4 asked you need to be on etc etc fw?

The PS4 Update Bypasser (which currently doesn't work, until @RedEyeX32 is able to get it working again) was just for connecting to PSN to play games online without updating... or did it also function as a way to bypass offline updating for games?

Also, I've seen at least one decent website database that lists the minimum required PlayStation 4 firmware for PS4 games, as soon as I get some time I will dig though all my bookmarks and try to find it again and post it here which may be handy too ;)

The PS4 Update Bypasser (which currently doesn't work, until @RedEyeX32 is able to get it working again) was just for connecting to PSN to play games online without updating... or did it also function as a way to bypass offline updating for games?

Also, I've seen at least one decent website database that lists the minimum required PlayStation 4 firmware for PS4 games, as soon as I get some time I will dig though all my bookmarks and try to find it again and post it here which may be handy too ;)

Unsure about the offline "spoof" of a game for certain fw my guess the disc requires a certain fw to be played on i remember the ps3 games wouldnt work on certain fw then youd dl whatver spoof at the time and the game would work or eboot.bins...correct me if im wrong thanx boss

Correct, for PSP and PS3 etc as you mentioned they'd use modded EBOOT.BIN and PARAM.SFO files to bypass the Firmware requirements... there were also various apps / patch utilities too.

I've seen similar documentation for PS4 games on the Dev Wiki such as HERE but it's geared more for developers and above my head :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back