Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 3, 2016 at 11:19 PM       14      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his Playerkp420 DB OFW 4.81, today PlayStation 3 developer playerkp420 released Playerkp420 4.81 CFW (Non-Cobra) PS3 Custom Firmware with the details below.

Download: Playerkp420 4.81 CFW.rar (198.26 MB)

MD5 Hash: 18D77D7B075A5C73BB97839F79079768

To quote from @playerkp420 on the release: [NON COBRA RELEASE] PLAYERKP420 4.81 CFW

Here is my Standard NON Cobra 4.81 CFW, that I made from scratch from OFW 4.81.

I have tested on my CECH-2501A and my CECHA01.

Features & Patches:
  • LV1 & LV2 Peek&Poke
  • Patch core OS Hash check core os for 4.xx // product mode always on to prevent brick from downgraded and not dehashed
  • LV1 to allow mapping of any memory area
  • Skip all ACL Checks
  • Disable System Integrity Check
  • Patch Update Manager to enable QA (if qa flag already set before install, or set flag with 4.xx toggle qa app)
  • Removed ECDSA
  • Install Packages & App/Home
  • In Game Screenshot
  • ReactPSN ONLINE/OFFLINE, run apps unsigned & more!
  • Disabled epilepsy message
  • Removed and patched wait for coldboot view sleep for turbo boot to XMB.
  • Remote Play & Make Remote Play SFO Flag obsolete.
  • Enforced Original Gameboot Animation.
  • Disable Cinavia Protection
  • Alphabetical sort for game column.
  • Waves & PSN Icons changed.
  • XMB CFW Settings in Network Column. (Rebug Settings options do not work obviously)
  • RSOD Bypass.
  • Can play games that require up to 4.81 keys.
  • Can be installed over any CFW, or OFW 3.55 and lower.
  • Can be installed over any OFW ONLY IF NOR/NAND flash has been patched with a hardware flasher.
Multiman v4.80.00 works to play PS3 backups in folder format. Make sure BD-Emulator is enabled. If disabled enable it and reboot PS3.
Playerkp420 4.81 CFW Non-Cobra Release.jpg

Playerkp420 4.81 CFW Non-Cobra Release 2.jpg

Playerkp420 4.81 CFW Non-Cobra Release 3.jpg

Comments

Gotcha.. according to the PS3 Model Chart it's a PS3 Slim that can be downgraded and CFW installed on, however, since it's now on OFW 4.81 you'll need a hardware flasher to downgrade it.

If it was on the stock PS3 Firmware 3.40 then you'd be able to install this CFW on it directly error code-free without downgrading it first.

You'll need a NOR flasher such as the E3, and yes it would require opening the PS3... some people also offer downgrading services in the BST section.

If you plan to do it yourself, there are a list of E3 product distributors HERE, or many people find them on Amazon or Ebay too if you just search for E3 NOR or E3 Flasher. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back