Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 3, 2016 at 5:46 AM       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer playerkp420 updated his Dual Boot OFW 4.81 for accessing PSN a bit safer on modified PlayStation 3 consoles.

Download: DB OFW 4.81.rar (196.61 MB)

MD5 Hash: 6C4451661E23DA441EAED7550E3682F0

Here is what's new from @playerkp420: Playerkp420 Dual Boot OFW 4.81

I whipped up a DB OFW 4.81 to share.
  • Made from OFW 4.81.
  • ECDSA check patch applied to isoldr in lv0.
  • ECDSA check patch applied to spu_pkg_rvk_verifier.
  • Same metadata applied to keep the exact same size as OFW. (see pic below) Even all the encrypted files inside CoreOS are the same size.
  • Can be installed over OFW 3.55 and any CFW with a lower or same version.
  • While on this DB OFW 4.80, you can install any CFW with the same or higher Syscon version.
  • Can only play disc based games and games downloaded from PSN. (Basically it is just like OFW, except you are able to go back to CFW without a hardware flasher.)
nNCNYHe.pngFor those that don't know, this is for a safer way to play on PSN. It is suggested to have 2 hard drives. One for CFW, and one for this DB OFW. When you want to act like your PS3 is not jailbroken, insert DB OFW HDD and install Playerkp420 DB OFW 4.81. Then you can play as you are on OFW.

xYg9Gst.png Then when you wish to go back to CFW, insert CFW HDD, and install your favorite CFW. It is important to keep your DB OFW HDD free of any homebrew apps. To prevent Sony from seeing them. Keep all your CFW stuff on your CFW HDD.

I personally tested this on my CECH-2501A, and my CECHA01. On both I went from Darknet 4.81 v1.00 to Playerkp420 DB OFW 4.81. Then back to Darknet 4.81 v1.00.

It is recommended anyway to boot to recovery menu after switching HDDs and installing either DB OFW or CFW with Option 6 every time you want to switch.

:alert: Don't just switch HDDs, because then your NOR/NAND Flash will still have CFW and you will risk ban from PSN.
Playerkp420 Dual Boot OFW 4.81 for PSN on PlayStation 3.jpg

Comments

"Don't just switch HDDs, because then your NOR/NAND Flash will still have CFW and you will risk ban from PSN."

Nice him, it's easier to CFW Syscall disabled, nobody ban me it's in 2,9 years ;)

"Don't just switch HDDs, because then your NOR/NAND Flash will still have CFW and you will risk ban from PSN."

Nice him, it's easier to CFW Syscall disabled, nobody ban me it's in 2,9 years ;)
Not really, for some game as destiny you get banned easily even if you disable syscall...

What are you using? I'm on rebug and I use psnpatch to disable syscall.I got mad as soon as I was on 43 level and get kicked out...they banned my destiny account :(...Please tell me what you're using to stay safe
Rebug 4.80 REX, SEN Enabler 4.81, webMAN Mod (disabled CFW syscall in startup self)

I used CCAPI Manager. But i do have CID Private 58 :)

Can i have two hard disks , one with 4.81 DB and one with 4.81 Cobra ? Will i need to reinstall when switching HDDs ? What are the games with a high ban risk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back