Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the announcement earlier this week via Twitter, PlayStation 4 developer @zecoxao released a proof-of-concept (PoC) guide on playing the Minecraft Trial on a Retail PS4 console. :notworthy:

Additionally, he revealed the next game they're working on is P.T. (many may recall Playable Teaser was also decrypted, extracted and mined by PS4 devs) and even hinted that some people are working on PS4 homebrew also! :ninja:

:arrow: P.T. (Playable Teaser) on PS4 1.76 Retail Demo, Homebrew Coming!

To quote from zecoxao: [Tutorial] How to Play Minecraft Trial on your Retail PS4 (POC)

Requirements:

Tutorial:

1- Create Folder in data folder named app2 (with ftp payload / fixed ftp payload, binary mode always, NOT ascii)
2- Put in Folder original sce_modules from playroom (encrypted, not modified)
3- Put eboot_plugin in folder
4- Put eboot_dec.bin (from game we want to use, in this case, Minecraft Trial CUSA00265)
5- Put game files and folders (from game we want to use)
6- Reboot to clean memory from previous ftp payload patches
7- Execute kernel_hook payload (Note that this is hitodama).
Code:
socat -u FILE:kernel_hooks TCP:my.ps4.ip:5054
8- Run listener to grab logs (nc my.ps4.ip 5088). You should see some logs on it
9- Minimize browser with PS Button
10- Run Playroom. Instead of the usual app, Minecraft Trial version should show up.

Notes:
  • This is only a POC, so treat it as such
  • Most games SHOULD work with this method, but each and everyone of them will require a "patch" (i call it like that because it's the file that allows the eboot to run)
  • Additionally, games that require modules besides libc and/or libSceFios2 will most likely not work, at least for now.
  • Homebrew DOES work with this method, but as you can see from the ***s available (the open source ones) there is no Graphics API whatsoever. This method however supports hitodama compiled ELFs.
  • As for credits/source code, we're still discussing the best way to release this without any lawsuit from Sony (not that they're very interested in 1.76 but whatever...)
The next game that we're working on is P.T. Some people are also working on homebrew. Hopefully that'll happen soon, but until then, STOP ASKING! :slap:

In the meantime, maybe there'll be a source release on how to do the eboot_plugin "patches". Just be patient.

Video:

CUSA00265 Running on PS4 Retail (Minecraft) as Backup

Thanks to @Centrino, @LightningMods, and @MADPYRO21 for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox and @raedoob on Discord earlier today! <3
Playing Minecraft Trial on a Retail PS4 (PoC) Guide by Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

I have a 1.76 PS4 and would love to test this method for the greater good of the scene.....

However, extensive google searching indicates that a decrypted Minecraft filesystem does not exist on the internet that I can see.....

Anybody have a link? Or, care to upload for me? Thanks :)

There is Silent Hill P.T. with everything out there with a video showing its working.

But for me is the (File Structure)
I don't get it and yea I do need a NOOB (Step by step)
and with socat -u FILE:kernel_hooks TCP:my.ps4.ip:5054
Run (listener) (Is this for Linux) ?
If so I just install it so (I'm good on that)

Video tut step to step. from point 4 and I get lost

Put eboot_dec.bin (from game we want to use, in this case, Minecraft Trial CUSA00265) - where is it
Put game files and folders (from game we want to use) - Where do I get them from pkg
Execute kernel_hook payload (socat -u FILE:kernel_hooks TCP:my.ps4.ip:5054). - how to use this

I think many people will have problems loading games without a clear guide

eboot_dec.bin - You have to decrypt it yourself

game files - if you can, unpack pkg. If not decrypt them from 1.76 ps4 to pendrive

Execute kernel_hook - socat-u FILE:pATH_TO_KERNEL_HOOKS_ON_YOUR_PC_DISK TCP:YOUR_PS4_IP:5054

eboot_dec.bin - You have to decrypt it yourself

game files - if you can, unpack pkg. If not decrypt them from 1.76 ps4 to pendrive

Execute kernel_hook - socat-u FILE:pATH_TO_KERNEL_HOOKS_ON_YOUR_PC_DISK TCP:YOUR_PS4_IP:5054
How decrypt Eboot and How unpack pkg? for eboot true ancestor or? but for unpack pkg some tutorial? Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back