Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 21, 2016 at 6:28 PM       68      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend Twitter blew up with reports of a PlayStation 4 Payload Port work-in-progress from Specter of the PS4Console project, but alas today he announced that the PS4 payload idea didn't work out and for the time being Sony's black box is going back to jail. :X3:

You can read the full article entitled [PS4] A Remote Shell? Go Directly to Jail on Specter's Development Blog, and below is an excerpt from the summary to quote:

"Looking back, in hindsight I feel like I should have known better that this wouldn't have worked because of the jail, but as pointed out by a friend, it's not a complete loss. If we do break out of the jail via a kernel exploit one day, perhaps this could be of some use (partially why I still posted this article). I also grew a lot and learned a lot throughout this little endeavor, and I ended up surprising myself at how much I would be able to keep going despite hitting the walls that I did.

After all, this is what exploitation is all about, having an idea, trying it, and seeing if it works - never make assumptions about a system. Sometimes you'll end up following paths that lead to a dead-end, but that doesn't mean it was all for nothing. Maybe someone else can learn from my mistakes too - I sure have.

I might take a step back and take a break from PS4 stuff for a while though and focus on learning some more in regards to exploitation and the linux kernel for the time being though."
PS4 Remote Shell - Go Directly to Jail.jpg

Comments

Come on guys specter is confused between the two firmware and what to do now.he is tired and bored.

Theres @Chaos Kid out there with his guys in Canada and one day will give us the ps4 3.55 cfw or debug settings.
And also cturt and corrupt security

The system itself already has bash if you will. Obtain file structure you will realize gameos is nothing more then linux. A brief way of doing this is tcp obtain any call the system does for anything you will see it uses its own bootldr per each and very small now port on that loader as it acts as a call to the primary load system.
It isn't actually Linux, it is FreeBSD.
TCP Obtain? Lmao
"A brief way of doing this is tcp obtain any call the system does for anything you will see it uses its own bootldr per each and very small now port on that loader as it acts as a call to the primary load system." Useless and false

It isn't actually Linux, it is FreeBSD.
TCP Obtain? Lmao
"A brief way of doing this is tcp obtain any call the system does for anything you will see it uses its own bootldr per each and very small now port on that loader as it acts as a call to the primary load system." Useless and false
BSD and linux are very similar in alot of ways it's a Unix system so you are correct but they also branch off from one another 2. But we also have to keep in mind only the primary kernel is freebsd not the actual system.And only one uses specific hdd partitioning and has the whole time which consoles use.

Lmao, Chaos will never give anything, because he has nothing and never will.

There are many other REAL Devs that will do something for the scene but not this trash talker.
You sit there and call us trash talker when clearly we seen how you trash talk many others so learn to shut your f*cking mouth!
You don't grasp concept or have a view of realization except for your own needs but as we said last night sorry don't have time for your b.s

Like I said I only tell the people the truth about you. But you keep talking trash. Sorry but I can't take you serious.

A nobody who says henkaku is fake, ps4 is ppc or something like that but failoverflow told us that this is bullsh!t. But you keep talking trash. Dude do yourself a favor and stop posting that crap.

@CnCore you stop saying anything to @Chaos Kid

He is right about ps4 based on unix freebsd and he is going to contribute.he is an expert on linux software. If you can develop modification for ps vita u can easily exploit security loops on ps4.so it means that henkakaus work was limited.

@CnCore failoverflow and henkaku quit working on ps4 and shutdown their twitters after failoverflows useless tampering with ps4

Like I said I only tell the people the truth about you. But you keep talking trash. Sorry but I can't take you serious.

A nobody who says henkaku is fake, ps4 is ppc or something like that but failoverflow told us that this is bs. But you keep talking trash. Dude do yourself a favor and stop posting that crap.
The system is obvious to ppl who actualy use there head and know where to look have the actual toolchains do you? Oh wait using webkit isn't correct toolchains so I'm sorry we know more then you think and also what makes you think fof wod tell any1 anyways member there not here for backups!

But you seem to think that we don't know using hw and many other things to obtain data

I will be with OFW 3.50. I am patient but i think sony influence the course of things , that's my opinion. Everything went according to plan, and suddenly boom ! blockade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back