Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 21, 2016 at 6:28 PM       68      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend Twitter blew up with reports of a PlayStation 4 Payload Port work-in-progress from Specter of the PS4Console project, but alas today he announced that the PS4 payload idea didn't work out and for the time being Sony's black box is going back to jail. :X3:

You can read the full article entitled [PS4] A Remote Shell? Go Directly to Jail on Specter's Development Blog, and below is an excerpt from the summary to quote:

"Looking back, in hindsight I feel like I should have known better that this wouldn't have worked because of the jail, but as pointed out by a friend, it's not a complete loss. If we do break out of the jail via a kernel exploit one day, perhaps this could be of some use (partially why I still posted this article). I also grew a lot and learned a lot throughout this little endeavor, and I ended up surprising myself at how much I would be able to keep going despite hitting the walls that I did.

After all, this is what exploitation is all about, having an idea, trying it, and seeing if it works - never make assumptions about a system. Sometimes you'll end up following paths that lead to a dead-end, but that doesn't mean it was all for nothing. Maybe someone else can learn from my mistakes too - I sure have.

I might take a step back and take a break from PS4 stuff for a while though and focus on learning some more in regards to exploitation and the linux kernel for the time being though."
PS4 Remote Shell - Go Directly to Jail.jpg

Comments

And some weed lmao.

When ppl find out what the true system is we are gonna sit back and laugh. These units are quite nice how you can use one system to dump another

No theres never a blockade its just one developer who probably froze his ps4 because of excessive mingling.

@ArthurBishop If ps vita has modded code why not ps4 on 3.55 or 1.76.

You see all what is needed is determination if you have skills of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back