Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 21, 2016 at 6:28 PM       68      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend Twitter blew up with reports of a PlayStation 4 Payload Port work-in-progress from Specter of the PS4Console project, but alas today he announced that the PS4 payload idea didn't work out and for the time being Sony's black box is going back to jail. :X3:

You can read the full article entitled [PS4] A Remote Shell? Go Directly to Jail on Specter's Development Blog, and below is an excerpt from the summary to quote:

"Looking back, in hindsight I feel like I should have known better that this wouldn't have worked because of the jail, but as pointed out by a friend, it's not a complete loss. If we do break out of the jail via a kernel exploit one day, perhaps this could be of some use (partially why I still posted this article). I also grew a lot and learned a lot throughout this little endeavor, and I ended up surprising myself at how much I would be able to keep going despite hitting the walls that I did.

After all, this is what exploitation is all about, having an idea, trying it, and seeing if it works - never make assumptions about a system. Sometimes you'll end up following paths that lead to a dead-end, but that doesn't mean it was all for nothing. Maybe someone else can learn from my mistakes too - I sure have.

I might take a step back and take a break from PS4 stuff for a while though and focus on learning some more in regards to exploitation and the linux kernel for the time being though."
PS4 Remote Shell - Go Directly to Jail.jpg

Comments

PSProxy not working...any help for north africa guys?

PS4 3.55 need ps4-updatelist or how to spoof my location that work with the bypasser!

lol ... some people think that talking trash over the interent "fighting like a man" ...

my sincere congratulations to the moderators of the site ... well handled! :D

The fact that there are a lot of people that are trying to get this to work, one fail doesnt mean the end. He said it himself that he learned a lot about the system. There are a lot of people that are putting in a lot of time into the new systems, xbox one, vita and the ps4. These people dont ask for much but people to wait into they find the thing that they are looking for. If someone tries and it doesnt work, well then it didnt work, but dont get mad about it. If it were easy everyone would be doing this, since its not easy there are a select few that can and have been working on it.

So please stop with the bashing and blaming others for this. He tried and it didnt work. Now with Chaoskid, if he is working on something, great. If he isnt then thats okay as well. Now if he does get it to work then that is amazing and im happy for him. If he does get and then releases it to all, then that is great as well. But if he doesnt then that is his choice as well. The fact is that the system still plays games, still plays movies and it is everything that you paid for. If it doesnt get a hack then it doesnt, not that big of a deal. I would love to see it that way but if it doesnt happen then it doesnt.

I have been doing this for a long time to know that everything that man makes can be broken. It just takes time and the right people to work on it. I mean if the end users cant accept that then im sorry, please learn how to do it yourself and then work on it. That is the way it is testers, it always been that people work on things and i know for a fact that a lot of things dont get released!!! I can promise you that. I have things that might not ever see the light of day.

But they are out there, It isnt my place the release this stuff and i have held things a long time that i said that i would never let out and i havent, that is why people ask me to help them and or i offer it. I know how to solder and fix about anything. So that is a help to others that are great at the programming part of it.

The point of this is that please guys stop bashing each other and start trying to help if you can and if you cant then just sit and relax, grab a cold one and play some games on the ps4 or ps3 that is hacked. Things will work out for the better in time. Thanks all

I can't help but wonder if everyone in this thread was in a room together what would it be like? :coffee:

Would we all magically get along because we're all gamers who want to see the PS4's secrets unlocked, or would all these like-minded people get bored with one another and start bickering like online here :notworthy:

I can't help but wonder if everyone in this thread was in a room together what would it be like? :coffee:

Would we all magically get along because we're all gamers who want to see the PS4's secrets unlocked, or would all these like-minded people get bored with one another and start bickering like online here :notworthy:

Id light up a big fat one :D

If you ask me ... I'd discover everyone in this thread is a girl but me ... and if we all are in the same room we'd be ready to start a pillow fight ... but that's just me and my twisted imagination :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back