Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter doodlebox       53      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks finalman for reply.

So that could be reason, why when i turn the power on the ps4 pro, it turn on with blue light. but there is no sound of any power to fan or anything else. Because pin 2 isn't sending any 3.3v to ps4 power supply.

Just confirm for me that this PS4 was working fine before the damaged to the pin 2 area. Just wanna make sure you've not got a console that was BLOD before the damage to pin 2 area occurred.

As for repairing the damaged trace I have inspected the bottom side of the motherboard directly under the 4 pin connector and have found an alternate spot to tap into. You will need to run a wire between that spot and the leg of pin 2. See the following picture the red circle is the alternate spot.

2DR0Zmg.jpg

Obviously you should confirm for yourself that this is correct. Once again the risk is yours and to your console.

Hope this fixes your PS4.

You should be able to use one of the large holes at the top of that picture to run the wire through but you will need to confirm that nothing else uses that hole when the PS4 is fully assembled, otherwise you will need to find an alternate unused hole.

Hi finalman big thank you for all the help, the ps4 pro was brand-new working fine, can also point me to knowledge, how check and make sure there no short circuits on the motherboard.

again big thank you..

Firstly two questions. One why are you messing with a brand new unit. Two did the four pin connector separate from the motherboard.

The short that I was talking about would be if the pin 2 trace did not not pull completely from the motherboard topside. Looking at one I've got the end of pin 2 led basically touches the pass through via eyelet so basically no chance of a short.

Also if the via eyelet is still the on the motherboard right near the leg of pin 2 you could probably avoid using a wire between motherboard sides by carefully scraping the green protective coating on the eyelet back the copper of the eyelet using a razor blade. Then tin the eyelet it with solder and join it to the leg of pin 2 with a short wire (1mm) or solder.

Difficulty = HARD

Hi finalman, four pin connector did separate from the motherboard. and the pin 2 trace did pull completely from the motherboard topside. What dont under stand is, if you can share some light on this information, ive sent the console to repair shop the guy at the shop Sent me a email back stating The motherboard damaged beyond repair, this is mainly due to a short circuit caused by the inadequate soldering around the power supply cable connection. What do you make of this?

Did you attempt repair yourself before sending it off to them? If not and the solder pads and traces on the other 3 pins are fine there really should be no reason it shouldn't work after repairing the pin 2 circuit. They say "this is mainly due to a short circuit caused by the inadequate soldering" but you don't get a short circuit from inadequate soldering you get a short from using excess solder. I wonder if they attempted to run a wire to the point I suggested to you.

Though I will add that motherboards have many layers of circuitry not just top and bottom. So there is a possibility that at the connector area one layer has been torn and the layer below it is touching the higher layer. But you would clearly be able to see this as the top circuit board layer would be torn away aka the pin leg pads would be gone like pin 2.

Do you have any pictures of the motherboard area with the connector missing? If not in future always take some pictures.

The only way to be sure is to repair the pin 2 ACDC_STBY circuit by running a piece of wire between the connector leg and the other point I pictured.

Hi finalman,

1 . I did try repair it myself, first when soldered 3 pin back together i got no blue light or beeping sound at all. pressing the power botton, even tried pressing eject botton on the ps4 pro with no beeping sound or any light coming on at all. then i tried to check connection on the 4 pin connector on Motherboard resolder the three pin 1 3 4 properly again. Powerd the ps4 pro, pressing the power botton i got a blue light which stayed on for 2-3 second, and one beep sound and then went off, pressed the eject botton i could hear 2 beep sound.

What version PS4 is yours a CUH-70xx or CUH-71xx. The alternate solder point I supplied was from a CUH-70xx model PS4. I can get a picture of the alternate solder point for a CUH-71xx PS4 maybe tomorrow or in a couple days.

Thanks. Obviously really hard to tell from a pic. By the look of it Pin 2 has alot of excess solder on it. Just make sure that the excess solder is not touching the mother copper above encase any any of the green covering is gone and it's touching.

From your picture I see you have a CUH-70xx model PS4.

So is the eyelet I've colored red there or was it pulled.

Untitledi.png

If gone you will need to run a piece of wire between the pin 2 connector leg and the alternate point I pictured in the earlier post.

The metal shielding though looks like it will complicate the procedure as it sits flush with the motherboard so no wire can pass between the metal shield and the motherboard. For testing purposes you can make the wire long and route it through a motherboard hole and then through a hole in the chassis metal shielding before soldering.

WARNING: If you do this make 100% sure you do not pull on the wire at any time with enough force to rip the solder point from the bottom of the motherboard. Once again the risk is your choice.

EDIT: So looking at the 2nd pic the eyelet looks to be there. I recommend you try the alternate wire point for testing and if that works you could try to cleanup the eyelet then solder to it so you don't have to use the wire method.

EDIT 2: When cleaning the eyelet try not to scrape the green covering from the surrounding areas otherwise you'll easily make solder bridges. You will then have to tin the eyelet and either, one use a really thin copper wire between the eyelet and the pin leg like a 80pin IDE core piece of wire or two try and create a solder bridge between the pin leg and the eyelet without creating bridges to the surrounding copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back