Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
According to doskias on a Chinese BBS some Sony PlayStation 4 / PS4 Game Backups have surfaced on Internet torrent sites and TTG Tracker with details below and more updates HERE, as follows:
  • Killzone Shadow Falls: 37.4GB
  • Knack: 39.3GB
  • Battlefield 4: 32.5GB
  • AC4 Black Flag: 20.22GB
Reportedly THIS ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS drive was used for ripping the PS4 / PlayStation 4 games.

Both games contain single PKG that contains whole data, as well as "RIF" file that is used for storing purchase data to activate digital contents from PSN Store.
Code:
├ ─ PS4
│ └ ─ UPDATE
│ PS4UPDATE.PUP
│     
├ ─ App
│ └ ─ CUSA00190
│ app.pkg
│     
├ ─ bd
│ PARAM.SFO
│  
└ ─ license
        rif
This seems interesting and today I've got my Killzone SF and COD Ghost from gamestop. I tried loading them on my PS3′s BD-ROM it couldn’t read them. Maybe it was too obvious lol, however it seems that PC's BD-ROM could read them.

Update: Two more games are released as well. Can't really reveal the original source because they're so strict about their security. My friend is the one of the members over there.

Update #2: UP9000-CUSA00190_00-KZ4RELEASE000041

It looks just like the one of those PS3′s typical PKG files..

From PS3 scene profiteer GaryOPA: The problem with the new PS4 setup, is EACH DISC contains an unique LICENSE.RIF file that tracks the 'actual disc' itself on what PS4's it is used, and when it is first used, etc.

So a dump of disc if running on ODE, or CFW would be missing the 'unique tracking' codes, and would never activate on a PS4 console.

It is hard to do right now as you need to disassemble a PS4 to prove this 'unique tracking' code, but you can't play the same ACTUAL DISC in TWO PS4's at ONCE.

Of course this brings up the 'USED GAME' re-sell cause again, since the PS4 game discs use RIF just like PSN activate, Sony can at a push of a button disable your LICENSE for JUST that ONE ACTUAL GAME DISC, blocking the use of used game disc on OTHER systems.

The way 'gamediscs' are setup now they are basically PSN store versions on a 'disc'.

100% the same files, one giant PKG, a parma.sfo and rif file.

It does make a big of sense, management wise, handling game discs and digital psn is the same both from publisher and sony and os side. They could also now quickly release a PSN game that becomes a hot-selling into a retail gamedisc, just throw the file onto a disc.

They could now also release a time-limited or demo-gamedisc at the retail level but it really wouild be the full same gamedisc, you just input a code online or activate the FULL version from the PSN store.

Yep, it is possible the way PS4 games are lay out, you could basically burn your own, or install with usb stick, just then you need a 'full license' file activated from the PSN store to play it.

Nope, PS3 does not see them correctly, they more like normal PC Blu-Rays now, see this image from news post.

Update #3: Below are some additional details from Sony PlayStation 4 hacker SKFU:

PS4 - Game Dumps, HDMI Fail & more...

Sleeping sucks, you miss news of different timezones for sure. So, what did happen while I slept?

1) PS4 Game Dumps

According to an A9VG member, PS4 games can be dumped with a common PC Blu-Ray drive. It seems that already a few games were dumped, inlcuding Killzone, Knack, Battlefield4 and AC4. As soon as I get access to a disc or dump myself, I will do an analyse of the containing files.

2) HDMI Fail

What happens if you force students to build your Next-Gen console under pressure? Well, they might return you faulty HDMI jacks.

IGN, Kotaku and many more individual users report that their PS4 video output stopped working. The console apparently is unusable for those who experienced it.

3) For those who already received a console

Sadly i'm still looking for a PS4 unit, if you can help me to get one contact me.

In case you got a unit for yourself, here are some examples of what has to be tested:
  • Before powering up the unit for first time, make a 1:1 dump of the HDD
  • Explore the HDD dump
  • Dump a game disc
  • Burn the dump to an empty BD
  • Check if the PS4 recognizes the disc
  • Check any files which can be transfered from PS4
  • Savegames, etc
  • Install a modified firmware
  • Use my PS4FwTool
  • Extract 2 firmwares
  • Rebuild a new firmware based on both output
  • Possible brick! Do at your own risk!
  • Recovery menu should bring you back in case of faulty firmware, but only do this if you actually are aware of the risk and know what you do!
  • Sniff anything
  • Use SKFU's Proxy and/or Wireshark to check the network behavior
  • Find unencrypted traffic transfers
  • Modify the Companion Tool (iOS/Android)
  • Intercept game traffic between Companion Tool and PS4 game etc.
Happy hacking,

- SKFU

Update #4: More PlayStation 4 scene PS4 game iSO dumps have since surfaced from WaYsTeD among other release groups.

In summary:

Known working BDROM drives:
  • Asus BW-12B1ST (asus.com/Optical_Drives/BW12B1ST/)
  • Samsung DVDWBD SH-B083L (samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SH-B083L - Mediatek MT1939LSU controller)
  • LG BH16 Super Multi Blue (lg.com/global/supermulti/bluray_products/bh16.html)
Known not working BDROM drives:
  • LG BH10LS38 (lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-BH10LS38)
  • Panasonic UJ-240 Laptop Drive (No site available) (aka Matshita/Panasonic/Matsushita BD-MLT UJ240AS)
It seems that most, if not all bluray drives specified in the quickstart of rpcs3 can read ps4 games as well without crypto restrictions. obviously you can't decrypt the app.pkg but it's some nice info for those who like ripping the content for future use :)
Unless you have means to use the license, their is almost no point in "ripping" them, since it's a 1:1 image with psn pkgs
There is a license file on disc as well, but If previous consoles are any indication, there is still a region on the disc we can't access... Regardless, rip itself is almost useless (assuming half decent Internet), if anything all you want is the license in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back