Category PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 8, 2016 at 5:11 AM       29,046       25            
Following their previous revision, Sony has now released a PlayStation 4 System Software / PS4 Firmware 4.07 Update which once again improves the quality of the system performance (aka patches exploit security holes). :X3:

Download: PS4 Firmware 4.07 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.07 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.07 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.07 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.07 Update (JP)

Main features in version 4.07 update
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
As usual when Sony releases a new PlayStation Firmware update and the passphrase goes in limbo mode, the PSProxy v4.1.0.0 PS4 Update Bypass by @RedEyeX32 appears to be working again for some and @VultraAID notes that 4.06 is still 'required' only not 4.07 to get on PSN yet.

The 4.07 update's XML looks a bit different with Product IDs added:

PS4 XML Product IDs.png

Below is a picture of the older XML @VultraAID is currently using that allows PSProxy to work alongside some GIFs of it in action. :angel:

PSProxy Working.png

PSProxy Working 1.gif

PSProxy Working 2.gif

:stop: If you haven't updated your PlayStation 4 Firmware yet, we advise NOT to with vulnerabilities including the Chaitin Tech PS4 Exploit and PS4 Pro 0Day Exploit still lurking behind the scene. :sneaky:

Thanks to @VultraAID and @Nesterwork for the news in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :cool:
PlayStation 4 System Software  PS4 Firmware 4.07 Update Now Live.jpg

Comments

Wultra

Developer
Contributor
@PSXHAX What do you mean by Required? I said PS4 Don't ask you to force update to 4.07 and you can still play online on 4.06... " @VultraAID notes that 4.06 is still 'required' only not 4.07 to get on PSN yet."

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
That is what it means: "@VultraAID notes that 4.06 is still 'required' only not 4.07 to get on PSN yet."

Which translates to: You only need 4.06 to get on PSN at the moment, even though the latest version is 4.07.

Just another way of saying what you said: "PS4 Don't ask you to force update to 4.07 and you can still play online on 4.06" (-:

Wultra

Developer
Contributor
That is what it means: "@VultraAID notes that 4.06 is still 'required' only not 4.07 to get on PSN yet."

Which translates to: You only need 4.06 to get on PSN at the moment, even though the latest version is 4.07.

Just another way of saying what you said: "PS4 Don't ask you to force update to 4.07 and you can still play online on 4.06" (-:
Alright I just read it wrong.. Sorry

mota

Contributor
i'm not sure but i think when i was on 4.01 i could go online for a day or so and then was forced to update to 4.05.

Recent Articles
Latest PlayStation VR Promo: Live the Game, Golem PS VR Lullaby Trailer
Today we have two new videos for PlayStation VR fans, the first being Sony's latest PS VR promo dubbed Live the Game and the other is the Lullaby trailer to the latest PSVR game Golem by Highwire...
Black Friday 2019 Ad Scans Featuring Video Game Deals and More!
Keeping tradition as we've done in 2016, 2017 and 2018 here are some direct links to the Black Friday 2019 online ad scans courtesy of BFAds.net featuring deals on the latest video games and...
PS4 APU Floor Plan High-Resolution Die Shots & Vpikhur at Toorcon 2019
Those who enjoy PlayStation 4 eye candy may recall seeing PS4 System Controller High-Res Images awhile back, and recently Volodymyr Pikhur passed along some PS4 APU (Accelerated Processing Unit)...
JoystickUDP: Collection of Methods Using a PS4 Controller with UDPComms
Recently StanfordRoboticsClub shared on Github a collection of methods using a DualShock 4 PS4 Controller with UDPComms, which is a Python library to enable communication between different...