Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 15, 2017 at 5:37 AM       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his recent PS4 Playground 1.50b Port, PlayStation 4 developer zecoxao with help from VVildCard777 added PlayStation 4 Webkit Playground 1.52 and 1.60 Firmware ports to Github today for those seeking to examine pre-2.00 OFW versions before Sony ramped up the security. :D

Download: playground-1.52-master.zip / 1.52 GIT / playground-1.60-master.zip / 1.60 GIT / PS4 Playground Live Demo / Websploit.org (Mirror)

Another PS4 Github update comes from shakugan who recently shared a WIP called PS4Misc by esc0rtd3w for those seeking to run things outside the PlayStation 4 browser.

Currently their PlayStation 4 Playground WebKit exploit forks include support for PS4 firmware 1.76 / 1.60 / 1.52 / 1.50b / 1.01 only at the moment.

As @zecoxao notes below, to quote: 1.51 playground is not possible at the moment (missing a gadget that is not on main modules) and 1.61 playground is the exact same as 1.60.

And from the PS4Misc README.md file, to quote: if u want to run stuff outside the browser:

place a loader in /data/rcved

export ps4ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

cd function_hook make ./run.sh cd shellcore_inject make ./run.sh press home and do something like opening a non-granted pkg

at this point the 2nd loader should be running

rerun the kernel hooks outside the browser cd function_hook ./stage2.sh
Cheers to both @Bultra and @oneman123 in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for the news earlier today on these PS4 scene updates. :bananaman13:
PlayStation 4 Webkit Playground 1.52 1.60 Firmware Ports Arrive.jpg

Comments

Well well !!! I can't imagine, why don't we have CFW on 1.76 ?

Perhaps, it will take more years !! & I was right about my decision, I updated my console on 4.73, maybe only 10% PS4 users on 1.76 - 4.50, rest of them r playing online. so Good Luck. & Keep Checking.

(y) me too, my friend !!

I've bought my PS4 to play with it, not to wait for a ........ nothing. Only useless webkit for VERY VERY old firmware (OBSOLETE)

And if devs failed to get a cfw on an old firmware, imagine on a newer and safe firmware.

No one forces people to upgrade, there is no contract between the devs and those who would like a cfw and there is no remuneration for the work done by the devs, where is the problem?

I bought my ps4 2 years ago, only with the hope of having fun with hacks one day, if not ... patience! Two years ago I also bought a gaming pc.

And I also like to play electric bass, paint, girls, basketball, and more.

Whats the importance of porting the playground to less than 1.76?
It might be the chance to see if there are vulnerabilities in the other lower versions that sony has left in later versions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back