Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 13, 2020 at 8:32 PM       39      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each passing day draws us closer to the Holiday 2020 launch for Sony's next-gen PlayStation 5 video gaming console, and today online sales giant Amazon.com put live their PS5 page just days after the first PlayStation 5 Box Art was officially unveiled. :)

According to Redditor likkyball, on the German Amazon Page the PlayStation 5 weight is also listed at 4.78 kilograms or around 10.5 pounds... which comes in lighter than the original PS3 console that weighed in at 5 Kg (11 lbs). ⚖

Last month PS5 Game Pre-orders opened after the DualSense PS5 Controller reveal and PS5 Pre-order Notification Sign Ups earlier on, and while PS5 Game Prices are reportedly going up there currently is no PlayStation 5 MSRP confirmed yet... although our Site Poll predicts a $499 tag at 933/2147 votes for the PS5 Digital Edition (No BD Drive) entry model with the PS5 Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive model expected to run about $100 more at $599.

Since watching the PS5 Future of Gaming Showcase and even more PS5 Game Trailers recently, here's to hoping Sony comes forward with specific PlayStation 5 pricing details and also sets a PS5 release date soon.. inquiring minds want to know PS5 ETA WEN?! :unsure:
PlayStation 5 Amazon Page Goes Live with PS5 Weight Listed.jpg

Comments

Really think about buying a PS5 with Drive if it's less than 600€. Don't have the need for it, but in case a jailbreak appears later on it would be great to have a sealed one, or at least in initial firmware.

In the meantime the hopefully 6.72/7.02 PS4 pro will bring some fun :)

UHD-Blu-ray $100 USD is ridiculous, $50 maybe but no way $100. Hoping the prices are USD $450 and $500 for the PS5.

I've budgeted $750 AUD Australian for the PS5 disc drive version any more the that and I'll skip it. PS4 launched in Australia for $550 AUD.

Plus definitely not going to go over for the white and black colour scheme. Pure black all the way for me as it looks 10 times better.

PS5-bLACK-770x433.jpg

qSECHewp8CESJAE97LG3Ki-1366-80.png.webp

According to current pre order side at Amazon, there won't be any color variant available at the beginning 🙁

And I definitively won't spent further money for any covers.

But all black looks great, I agree, much better than the white version

Yeah i'm currently on the fence on as to whether to even purchase the white one.

Wonder if we could get a poll to see what everyone's opinion of what the colour scheme should have been.

I will stay with the PS4 and wait and see. I find it much more interesting what is possible with a PS4. Well time will tell if the PS5 will be as successful as the PS4.

Ya... think I'll wait for the inevitable "Pro" version, which will surely be more reliable and not look so... lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back